• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I think Ballance has a weakness to a fuller than good-length delivery on off-stump early in his innings.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We have Root.....

I don't mind the Trott thing, plenty of middle order players have become successful openers.
I sort of think Ballance opening would make more sense, but if he failed there it'd make his place really confusing so I can see why Trott opened instead.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I sort of think Ballance opening would make more sense, but if he failed there it'd make his place really confusing so I can see why Trott opened instead.
Don't know why we didn't just open with Lyth to be honest. After all he was the best opener in county cricket last year by a mile.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I'm sick and tire of having Benn in our team. Why, why,why? Otherwise it's the side I would have selected and I hope they continue to bowl like this.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Have been trying to listen but the stream is mostly not playing. A few voices every few minutes. Not sure if it is my slow internet or the feed. I was ggetting the bbc one clear a few hours back but my net speed is erratic. Whatever voices I got were nice and crisp. 'hit off the edge of the bat'.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sure I remember Dobell or someone saying Ballance saw himself as an opener but him at 3 has been one of the very moves England have made that has really worked in the last year so it would be silly to mess with it.

I would have had no problem Lyth being picked but I can see why the wanted to get Trott back in the side.