• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

Athlai

Not Terrible
Good to see our tail scoring runs. Really good in fact. Didn't see Vettori or Mills as being contributors at all these days.

Hopefully on Saturday we'll see that top order finally come right.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
****ing run-outs. I can understand them from 10 year olds, not adults - especially ones from the same suburb.

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
I think that loss was better for us then the win was for them. They were playing like it was the wc final and we didn't give a **** until Ronchi got out.

The lankan's won't beat Sa in the Qf and thats who I reckon they will be playing. We have pummeled them in Christchurch and I can't see that changing.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well played the Lankans.

I know it's just a warm up & the series was won, but still gutted we lost.

I liked Anderson's innings even though he was dismissed at an inopportune time, quickly got the required RR down from 8s to 7s making it much easier in the lower order were to out up a fight.

I'm also convinced I'd prefer Milne to Mitch at first-change now. Although Mitch still seems to be getting Jammy wickets, in the last 12 months his 18 wickets have cost 32.66 with an ER of 5.68 vs. Milne's 9 wickets @ 32.22 ER 4.71.

So Milne has him on both the average & ER & on top of that is the better batsman & fielder.

Where's everyone at on the Mills vs. Boult contest to share the new ball?

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hoping for this as our next XI

Latham
Guptill
Williamson
Taylor
Elliott
Anderson
Ronchi
NcCullum
Mills
Boult
Milne/McClenenen

And in the one after that we go into first XI mode.

viriya

International Captain
I think NZ will play Boult for the SL match at least. If anyone has the wood on Sanga it's him and it's probably worth playing him just for that.

viriya

International Captain

Latham
Guptill
Williamson
Taylor
Elliott
Anderson
Ronchi
NcCullum
Mills
Boult
Milne/McClenenen

No Vettori even after today's knock? Trust the nerd with the glasses.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Latham
Guptill
Williamson
Taylor
Elliott
Anderson
Ronchi
NcCullum
Mills
Boult
Milne/McClenenen

I'd be good with that approach. Assume you bracket Milne and Mitch based on the former's fitness?

jcas0167

International Debutant
Good to see our tail scoring runs. Really good in fact. Didn't see Vettori or Mills as being contributors at all these days...
Me neither, in a way I'm glad the top order didn't bring this home so those guys could spend some time in the middle under pressure & show they can still perform.

GGG

State Captain
Would rather see one of our openers score runs though, that's our biggest problem. Being 20/2 seems like it is going to be the norm for the world cup.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
holy smoke cant believe we won a game after the way we have played recently...i dindt watch it so maybe its me that's the hoodoo!!:ph34r:

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
Well played the Lankans.

I know it's just a warm up & the series was won, but still gutted we lost.

I liked Anderson's innings even though he was dismissed at an inopportune time, quickly got the required RR down from 8s to 7s making it much easier in the lower order were to out up a fight.

I'm also convinced I'd prefer Milne to Mitch at first-change now. Although Mitch still seems to be getting Jammy wickets, in the last 12 months his 18 wickets have cost 32.66 with an ER of 5.68 vs. Milne's 9 wickets @ 32.22 ER 4.71.

So Milne has him on both the average & ER & on top of that is the better batsman & fielder.

I think you have to take into consideration that Mitch bowls a lot of the death overs and his first spells are usually expensive, but he seems to take out centurions or the guy who is suppose to close the game for the other team, or doing something ridiculous like a triple wicket maiden in the 46th over, except today. While Milne can be economical and showed signs of taking wickets, his fitness worries me, as he has broken down mid game twice now. But he is good at taking out Sanga so playing him for 14/2 might be worth it.

Mills vs Boult, I think whoever shows he can take early wickets and bowl at the death will take the cake. Boult is showing signs of bowling well at the death, and he tends to nick people at the start, a bit more twick and luck might see him becoming a threat early. I am just sad that Henry is not there though, the kid clearly showed he can do both very very well. Maybe Boult will explode in the WC and become a MVP, who knows.