• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Sanga is underrated as an ODI batsman. Comparable to Ponting imo.

Before everyone points out Ponting's slightly better avg + SR and WC performances, I would like to point out that Sanga would come in to bat at a much worse situation compared to Ponting who had Gilly and Hayden setting up the platform for him to go ape****.
Sanga's been amazing recently in ODIs. But really, he was pretty average for a long time.

viriya

International Captain
Sanga really sucked in ODIs early his career. He's been awesome for a while now but Ponting was better IMO because he was good for longer.
Sanga's been amazing recently in ODIs. But really, he was pretty average for a long time.
Ponting played for 17 years vs Sanga's 15 - really not much of a difference.

Both have very similar overall career records, so I don't think Sanga being relatively average early in his career means much.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Anderson is probably our second best death bowler. Not sure how I feel about that.
He's improved beyond belief in the last month or so. Tip of the had to the captain and bowling coaches for giving him ages of being useless.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Really? He sheepishly admitted it's a mere gimmick - nothing more than a bit of TV fluff - then in the next breath had a whinge about the print media describing it as exactly that. Well, doh!
He was more directing it specifically towards "do you really have nothing better to write about than WASP?"

Athlai

Not Terrible
nah he's been hitting his yorkers pretty consistently this series.
Sorry was referring to middle over nonsense.

Both Anderson and McClenenen don't get "jammy" late over wickets. Almost no such thing. All late over wickets are clearly intended good pieces of work.

On a similar tangent, McClenenen's death bowling armory is hilariously diverse. If only he could stick to an actual line and length, he'd be a great all round bowler.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Besides Mills first two overs this was his worst game yet IMO. If he doesn't fire against Pakistan or the warm ups I think using him as injury cover only isn't that bad an idea.

Oh Guppy Guppy Guppy.

Howsie

International Captain
Well....... If Latham scores runs here he's my pick to open, can't take Guptill I to the World Cup struggling like this, especially against these bowlers.