• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Na they'll want him. He is definitely the sort of batsman who can start hitting sixes for fun even after a slow start. If we had a more formidable middle order they may want to keep him in, but we don't. Take this wicket and you bring in an out of touch Taylor with not too much cake left after that.
Taylor's a little bit out of touch but no where near as bad as Guptil at the moment.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Southee, Henry and McClenaghan is probably my first-choice quick trio in ODIs, so it will be interesting to see how they go today.

BeeGee

International Captain
This could turn into an open wicket net with two horribly out of form batsmen in the middle. Oh well, as long as they get some time in the middle.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Unfortunately it is too much to ask Ed as we all know cricket is a great leveller.

My concern is where are we going to get early momentum on the occasions Bmac does fail? I'd hate to think Williamson has to play above his natural game of just batting, but he may be put in undue pressure if Guptill is 8 off 30 at the other end.

There's so much to love about Bmac opening, but I just feel that on the occasions he is dismissed early, the whole batting line-up will be deflated afterwards. Let's hope I'm wrong.
These ODIs are all about figuring out our first choice bowling combination and getting some form into Guptill and Taylor.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This could turn into an open wicket net with two horribly out of form batsmen in the middle. Oh well, as long as they get some time in the middle.
Yeah, I can't see the SL batsmen wasting as many deliveries as we do upfront.

It's so painful watching Latham atm, really feel for the kid. Hope he pulls through.

Zinzan

Lovely stroke Latham......phew.

One feels NZ will need 290 minimum today...short boundaries, weird angles, Sanga, Mahela, Mathews etc etc..

Last edited:

_Ed_

Guptill averages 68.16 at Eden Park. Just trying to find reasons to be optimistic.

Athlai

Not Terrible
In other news, Hendrix hype-o-meter is now at 107%.

If this continues he may be calling for Latham to captain.

BeeGee

International Captain
Haha Latham with the conservative run calling. He must have got beat up the most in the room with the light out.

Zinzan

Ok, Latham's in now, needs a minimum run a ball from here.... 50 off 62 would do nicely thanks very much.