• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

Athlai

Not Terrible
I wouldn't say he's looking that fluent. Still having a miserable time finding the gaps. Still, good to see him finally clubbing some sixes.
Pfft Guptill has never been able to find gaps. He isn't Tendulkar all of a sudden.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guptill looking fluent. The turning of the tides?
I wouldn't say he's looking that fluent. Still having a miserable time finding the gaps. Still, good to see him finally clubbing some sixes.
Yeah, good signs obviously but let's not forget he tonned up vs. India last year and followed that up with some stodgy starts.

I still want to seem him play with 'softer hands' and look to rotate the strike more in his first 20 odd deliveries.

Zinzan

Seriously? I'm only in Ellerslie. Probably only a little further from the ground than you are.
Yeah it's strange, although as I say that it's just started to drizzle very lightly for the first time today.

I actually recall being in Newmarket a few years back in clear weather while they were off for rain at Eden Park.

Zinzan

Why don't our commentators ever just talk cricket in the short rain-breaks like they do in Australia as opposed to Laura talking to a bunch of kids or random people?

Athlai

Not Terrible
The rain stopped real quick but there is a light drizzle every 2 minutes or so. Wouldn't be surprised if thats whats keeping them from going back on.

Zinzan

So fellas, 18 overs with 9 wickets in hand.....Another 150 minimum getting us to about 280?

vandem

International 12th Man
Match wining period of play? 2-12 from 3.5 overs, wickets extra important as I assume they give SL a D/L total about 10-15 runs than otherwise?