• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

Athlai

Not Terrible
Whatever happened to Guptill's awesome lofted straight drives? Seems like an age since I last saw one.
I'm so ready to start waving a flag of Guptill if he cracks a six straight down the ground. The mental block will be overcome and Rohan will be restored to its former glory.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Top catch, couldn't have come at a worse time. Just as Guptill probably started feeling a spark of confidence.

I'm expecting him to go back into his shell now, if he doesn't I'll be a very happy man.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Top catch, couldn't have come at a worse time. Just as Guptill probably started feeling a spark of confidence.

I'm expecting him to go back into his shell now, if he doesn't I'll be a very happy man.
Let's hope this is the spark he needed to get going. Man, I wish we had Ryder. It would be awesome to watch him and McCullum going nuts.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Man, I'd review one of these if I was SL. But then again perhaps they want to keep Guppy in as he's using up deliveries?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Man, I'd review one of these if I was SL. But then again perhaps they want to keep Guppy in as he's using up deliveries?
Na they'll want him. He is definitely the sort of batsman who can start hitting sixes for fun even after a slow start. If we had a more formidable middle order they may want to keep him in, but we don't. Take this wicket and you bring in an out of touch Taylor with not too much cake left after that.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Glorious from McCullum. Hope he can maintain this amazing form for a couple more months. Too much to ask?
Unfortunately it is too much to ask Ed as we all know cricket is a great leveller.

My concern is where are we going to get early momentum on the occasions Bmac does fail? I'd hate to think Williamson has to play above his natural game of just batting, but he may be put in undue pressure if Guptill is 8 off 30 at the other end.

There's so much to love about Bmac opening, but I just feel that on the occasions he is dismissed early, the whole batting line-up will be deflated afterwards. Let's hope I'm wrong.