• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know Starc has form, but it seems a bit premature for him to return to the side. That said, if the pitch is what I expect he should give India nervous moments, and in any case he's probably more valuable than Siddle.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At least Starc's height and bounce will be well suited and unlike Siddle can produce delicious yorkers.

Flem274*

123/5
Starc again? Really?

He's obviously got the ability but dropping him then picking him again every 2 tests isn't going to achieve much. Either back him to the hilt with a long run in the team or leave him be to learn his trade for a while. Make your mind up Australia.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Expected though. No way is he going to make the three day turnaround if he felt undercooked going into the last test.

anil1405

International Captain
So Australian bowlers are expected to be way more dangerous on this pitch.

And its also time for Indian batsmen to step up and show a good all round performance rather than a one or two man show.

Binkley

U19 Captain
Harris out is huge.
Gee, that could be a difficult attack to face on a bouncy Gabba pitch though. Johnson is 1.89m (6'2"), while Hazlewood and Starc are both 1.96m (6'3") tall - and all can hit the deck hard. Any news on what the pitch conditions will be like?

anil1405

International Captain
There was this interesting stat in the latter half of Vijay's 2nd innings which said he had scored zero runs off 96 deliveries that were pitched short. Would be interesting to see how he adapts to the conditions in Brisbane.

Spark

Global Moderator
Gee, that could be a difficult attack to face on a bouncy Gabba pitch though. Johnson is 1.89m (6'2"), while Hazlewood and Starc are both 1.96m (6'3") tall - and all can hit the deck hard. Any news on what the pitch conditions will be like?

juicy.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
As I've said many times, this plays into India's hands. Doesn't mean they'll win, far from that. But it'll reduce the gap between India's crud bowlers and Australia's good bowlers.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As I've said many times, this plays into India's hands. Doesn't mean they'll win, far from that. But it'll reduce the gap between India's crud bowlers and Australia's good bowlers.
Haha yeah we've both been making this point on here since about 2006.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It doesn't look like a totally green seamer though. Looks like the Eden Park "seamy road" that rewarded good bowling but punished bad bowling.

uvelocity

International Coach
a good point on debut

this pitch will bring indias crud bowlers to 3/10

whereas their mediocre batting will decend to 4/10

whilst out above average bowling pushes up to 14/10

Riggins

International Captain
I would agree with y'all if it was more of a green seamer. It looks pretty ****ing flat though. It's always been the kind of venue where good bowling gets rewarded and **** bowling gets murdered. Nothing in that picture says otherwise, imo.