• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

greg

International Debutant
Another day, another chance to witness formulaic repetitive unoriginal captaincy. Plunkett was England's best bowler yesterday - how about showing some confidence and starting with him this morning...?

Of course he could be being saved for the new ball, but i don't think that's likely :ph34r:

Far better to have the expected new ball bowlers put in a few extra yards first up!

Last edited:

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Its almost like having seen Broad's first over go for 12 they have decided to throw a couple of wide overs in to bring the run rate under control. Very poor this morning.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amazing how many runs get scored down to Sam Thaiday on a slow deck. Blokes can just play soft hands and guide the ball down between the cordon. They're so good at it these days.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
The way to get Vijay, my theory only, is just to bowl it outside off stump forever, eventually he will want to score and have a nibble at one. And if he doesn't then he won't score any runs anyway.
The other thought I have on him is that he is very crouched when he goes on to the front foot. This means he can't drive on the up through the offside and keep it on the ground easily. This is another reason to just keep bowling it outside off stump every ball.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Another poor start from England.

I know it's a bit unfashionable these days, but I still love Dhoni. Such a horrible technique. Such a cool guy.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Amazing how many runs get scored down to Sam Thaiday on a slow deck. Blokes can just play soft hands and guide the ball down between the cordon. They're so good at it these days.
Assume that's a "third man" reference? Because of the number of chaps who reach a tackle before him?

Stokes too wide here, bet he compensates with a half volley on the pads soon.

EDIT: wide half volley instead. Partial credit.

Flem274*

123/5
Murali Vijay is one of the best openers in the world. While this says a lot more about world opening stocks than it does about him, fair credit. On form only Warner has a strong case for being clearly better, though Cook and Gayles' careers outdo everyone by a distance of course (and Cook outdoes Gayle).

greg

International Debutant
It's bad enough that England spend 90% of the time with a wasted fielder at deep backward square (whilst never having one at third man) - but to have him so deep that they can run two to him! :@