• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Hope the pitch holds up well for Bhuvi.
Maybe that was Cook's plan. He knows his bowlers would probably waste the new ball again, so having India bat well into Day 2 means it would have dried out before he had to bat.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vijay manages to make a worse decision than many of Cook's and tries to whip a rare full one through mid wicket. Wonder how difficult we will make early life for Kohli...?

Flem274*

123/5
don't know what i want. kohli first baller would make jono and india sad, and we could joke he's a FTB. if he gets a ton england will be sad and that's a good thing too but india will be happy.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vijay manages to make a worse decision than many of Cook's and tries to whip a rare full one through mid wicket. Wonder how difficult we will make early life for Kohli...?
Yup, I'm fascinated in how Kohli will approach this.

Oh yeah smexi stroke...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Poor as he was, you could actually make a case for bringing Broad back to bowl at Kohli. iirc he bagged him cheaply in both innings at TB.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
honestly what sort of complete ****** bowls around the wicket in the first session of a test on a pitch like this, and i was halfway through writing how **** i think liam plunkett is, unbelievable.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Absolutely dismal.

Don't blame Plunkett for this field and line of attack. Cook is the captain who's sleepwalked through this session before this particular brainstorm.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Brilliant. Just got to work, turned the cricket on and Plunkett is bowling bouncers from round the wicket. ****ing genius. On a green pitch, waste time softening the ball up and bowling short. So ********. Pitch the ****ing thing up you morons. They were saying on TMS bout 20 mins ago, that 4 balls would have hit the stumps. England just don't seem to ever learn their lesson.