• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in the West Indies 2014

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Watling goes to Jacobs too...tried one too many sweeps and got bowled, it was always gonna happen imo. 140/7 now and it has to be said it's been a struggle for the kiwis despite having all but Mccullum in the top order.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Thank god for warmup games, huh?
158/8 don't know who got the last wicket...but this reminds me of the struggles NZ had in the warm ups the last time they toured the Caribbean...and one has to wonder if they are struggling against Jacobs what will it be like against Shilly and Benn on tracks that will offer more turn? :D .

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
158/8 don't know who got the last wicket...but this reminds me of the struggles NZ had in the warm ups the last time they toured the Caribbean...and one has to wonder if they are struggling against Jacobs what will it be like against Shilly and Benn on tracks that will offer more turn? :D .
Do you think that the test tracks will offer more turn than the warmup games? Going to be pretty interesting if they do.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
He's just talking about today I think. This is the same pitch as the first warmup though; they rolled and polished it up good.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well it's been confirmed that the third test will now be at Kensington oval

St. John's, Antigua, June 2 - (2014 Barbados Cricket Association) – The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) today advised that the third and final Test between West Indies and New Zealand will be played at Kensington Oval in Barbados. The dates – June 26 to 30 – remain.

The WICB thanks the Barbados Cricket Association and the Government of Barbados for their commitment in ensuring that the match is successfully hosted following the rescheduling.

The Test will be a bonus for cricket fans in Barbados who witnessed three enthralling Twenty20 Internationals between the West Indies and England in March this year.

Originally, the third Test was scheduled to be played at the Guyana National Stadium but was relocated following the Board and the Government of Guyana not being able to find a mutually agreeable resolution relating to the Cricket Administration Bill.
Link

Don't mind that at all...the track takes lots of spin these days.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Hats off to 22 test veteran Peter Fulton. In recent times this guy has really stepped up as a senior player (whatever that means, but I've seen it reported in the media), he's got a bit of tough guy stubble going, and now he's further cemented his status by accepting the captaincy for the warm-up matches. What a legend and no doubt he can give some very inspiring team talks as well.
Who cares about what he does with the willow in hand. Every other scores a duck but his height, stubble and experience mean that it's useless making a change, as - in that well-worn phrase - 'no-one's knocking on the door for his spot'. NZ cricket takes to mediocrity like a pig takes to mud; we wallow in it, revel in it.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah look gagf. Hesson's said the batting wasn't too far away from a pass mark today. It was a slow pitch and a very slow outfield.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Hats off to 22 test veteran Peter Fulton. In recent times this guy has really stepped up as a senior player (whatever that means, but I've seen it reported in the media), he's got a bit of tough guy stubble going, and now he's further cemented his status by accepting the captaincy for the warm-up matches. What a legend and no doubt he can give some very inspiring team talks as well.
Who cares about what he does with the willow in hand. Every other scores a duck but his height, stubble and experience mean that it's useless making a change, as - in that well-worn phrase - 'no-one's knocking on the door for his spot'. NZ cricket takes to mediocrity like a pig takes to mud; we wallow in it, revel in it.
I'm not sure what this post is trying to achieve.

There is a player who's knocking on the door. His name is Tom Latham. He's on tour.

What else do you want?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I know it's being sarcastic. I know he's not taking his hat of to Fulton.

I just don't get the point of the post.