• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Athlai

Not Terrible
With that Taylor and Williamson have brought up their 1000 run partnership and currently sit on... exactly 1000 runs.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Code:
LRPL Taylor	2006-2014	137	125	17	4328	131*	40.07	5253	82.39	10	26	7	358	101
KS Williamson	2010-2014	54	49	6	1699	145*	39.51	2149	79.06	3	11	4	133	13
Absolute ****ing class.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Next year if Tui have this same catch a 100k, anyone not wearing the shirt that impeades or gets in the way of someone wearing one, nees to be chucked the **** out.
Basically they're trying to **** you over if they get in the way knowing anyone in a Tui shirt and the lanyard could pocket 100k.

Next year we'll make sure the campaign features more media and educate those wankers (who aren't taking part) not to ruin it for everyone else.
No one's going to consciously avoid the ball just because there may or may not be someone in an orange dartboard tee with a stupid lanyard behind him. You paid for entry, you paid for the right to catch a ball that's landing in your vicinity. Absolutely ridiculous to demand otherwise.

Days of Grace

International Captain
No one's going to consciously avoid the ball just because there may or may not be someone in an orange dartboard tee with a stupid lanyard behind him. You paid for entry, you paid for the right to catch a ball that's landing in your vicinity. Absolutely ridiculous to demand otherwise.
Disagree. If I was in that guy's position, knowing full well that there were orange shirts around me (you've had all ****ing day to notice them), then there's no one in hell would I be diving in front of them. I mean, that's just a dickish act of the highest order.

Flem274*

123/5
nah **** them. they know they're in a stadium surrounded by other people. the point of the promotion is not to give away 100k but to watch fat old orange ****s fall down several rows and spill their beers everywhere. its ****ing great to watch.

thats a point. the ****s spill beer on you if they go for the catch and miss. catching it first fair game imo.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I think the way to get Henry (or Wheeler, Bennett or Milne or someone else) into the test team as third seamer in place of Wagner is the same way Sodhi took Bartin's spot. Play in conditions where it's justified picking both of them, then when the new guy outbowls the incumbent you have good reason (or perhaps little choice) but to retain the new guy.

Only problem is we're pretty unlikely to pick four seamers (plus Anderson) any time soon. Which means it requires a much bigger leap of faith for the selectors to pick someone new over Wagner.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Catching it when it comes in your sphere is fine if you aren't participating but going out of your way is a dick move.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
nah **** them. they know they're in a stadium surrounded by other people. the point of the promotion is not to give away 100k but to watch fat old orange ****s fall down several rows and spill their beers everywhere. its ****ing great to watch.

thats a point. the ****s spill beer on you if they go for the catch and miss. catching it first fair game imo.
DWTA - a guy 2 rows in front of me would have caught it but his mate in a team india shirt jumped in front of him. Mr general joe public is a boob. You and GI Joe would change your tune if you were the person 2 rows in front of me. Have some empathy. I suspect the pair of you are trolling.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Here's something hilarious I just discovered.

2013 Most Sixes
Code:
GJ Bailey (Aus)	        22      20	3	1098	156	64.58	1098	100.00	2	8	1	88	[B]30[/B]
RG Sharma (India)	28	27	4	1196	209	52.00	1480	80.81	2	8	0	119	[B]30[/B]
Misbah-ul-Haq (Pak)	34	32	7	1373	96*	54.92	1867	73.54	0	15	1	87	[B]28[/B]
Shahid Afridi (Pak)	24	22	3	441	88	23.21	311	141.80	0	2	1	31	[B]25[/B]
Mohammad Hafeez (Pak)	33	33	5	1301	140*	46.46	1542	84.37	5	4	1	122	[B]25[/B]
MS Dhoni (India)	26	20	8	753	139*	62.75	784	96.04	1	5	1	67	[B]24[/B]
2014 Most Sixes
Code:
CJ Anderson (NZ)	6	6	3	297	131*	99.00	146	203.42	1	1	0	16	[B]25[/B]

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
My major observation I came to share is - which is an observation that I only gained by being at the ground live and is not possible through TV analysis - is that Laura was sitting in my section and she is smoking hot.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
she looks way better than this live (no pics from the game unfortunately)

I wish we still had telethons so she could be on it and we could phone up and pay $100 for her to make out with peeps.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watching this live not from straight on, but that looked like Mitch's inswinger action that first time I saw on the vault i dismissed as a lance cairns comedy tribute action,
True Fact: Smudge can bowl a vast array of comedy bowling action clones of former NZ bowlers. It is quite impressive.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Taylor being brill, Kaneh aceing throughout (despite the lack of ton and all that), and Jesse being so dire like I've never watched him before. Full of surprises.
And never woulda dreamt a 4-0 win, so that's brilliant. Test series should be awesome #cantwait

And FFS Kaneh ton up in tests at least for godssakes.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
There's been a slight weak link with Neesham, but it was only Kohli who got after him. .
Kohli against Neesham is a mismatch. It reminded me of my final years of 1st XI cricket. When we got to be 7th formers we would sometimes just decide some 5th or 6th former on the opposition wasn't worthy of bowling to us so we would just smack him. Even when he bowled a ball with good line and length we would still smack it. That was what Kohli was thinking against Neesham, And yes he was ok against people not named Virat.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Disagree. If I was in that guy's position, knowing full well that there were orange shirts around me (you've had all ****ing day to notice them), then there's no one in hell would I be diving in front of them. I mean, that's just a dickish act of the highest order.
Now you're supposed to keep track of the movements of fellow spectators just because you didn't pay extra? I'd like to know what sort of game you've been to where people don't keep moving around when there's plenty of empty seats or you're on the grassy knoll.