• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Flem274*

123/5
nice 4-0 in the curtain raiser, but this is nothing except good world cup development. we must win the test series. we need to show these ****s that while they can bully our crappy board off the pitch, we will wreck them on the pitch.

the test series will be much tougher too, but we have to win. we have to.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Well done NZ. India were atrocious. Absolutely no fight in them whatsoever. At least get out swinging. What's the point of losing a game by 80 runs having batted 50 overs?

Match fixing anyone?

jonbrooks

International Debutant
nice 4-0 in the curtain raiser, but this is nothing except good world cup development. we must win the test series. we need to show these ****s that while they can bully our crappy board off the pitch, we will wreck them on the pitch.

the test series will be much tougher too, but we have to win. we have to.
There is no need for that mate. Indian players != BCCI.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Next year if Tui have this same catch a 100k, anyone not wearing the shirt that impeades or gets in the way of someone wearing one, nees to be chucked the **** out.
Basically they're trying to **** you over if they get in the way knowing anyone in a Tui shirt and the lanyard could pocket 100k.

Next year we'll make sure the campaign features more media and educate those wankers (who aren't taking part) not to ruin it for everyone else.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's been a good performance by NZ, but India's batting lineup is almost as bad as their bowlers. You've got Kohli and Dhoni and nothing else.
That's just not true.

They're not as amazing as they are in India, but they're still very good players. Dhawan is very good when he gets it right. Raina can occasionally come off. As can Rohit.

They've been completely tied down by perfect length and hints of shape.

Mike5181

International Captain
Probably a big call considering he's only played one ODI, but I'd be picking Matt Henry ahead of Mitchell McClenaghan in a full strength team. He just looks like a better bowler.

Flem274*

123/5
There is no need for that mate. Indian players != BCCI.
they are the selected representatives of their board to play cricket. they're not responsible for the back room stuff but while some playing credibility might not help much, we still need to win. we can't give the big three a current example to point to when they want to hide their power trips behind concern for the game.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Probably a big call considering he's only played one ODI, but I'd be picking Matt Henry ahead of Mitchell McClenaghan in a full strength team. He just looks like a better bowler.
Wow that is a big call. Just a couple of games ago McClenaghan was close to being the quickest to 50 wickets in ODIs. Now you want to drop him in favour of a débutante?! That's harsh.

McClenaghan bowled well today without much luck. I think he's trying a bit too hard. He'll be back, just needs a bit of patience.

Flem274*

123/5
Henry looks like he's in a different class but he still needs to prove it. We'll continue rotating our bowlers until the world cup and all of the bowlers will have plenty of chances to show they are one of the best three. atm Mills, Southee, Mitch are still those three but Henry, Bennett and Milne will get their chances.

Roundone

Cricket Spectator
Massive call but understandable. Though I guess on debut mcclenaghan looked well with 4-20. I think I would rate Henry higher than Milne and Bennett.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
congrats to the New Zealand team on a deserved and expected series win..another away series and another whitewash for india..hopefully they will perform better in the tests...

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Flem reckons he's a like-for-like replacement to Southee in the test team, but I seriously reckon he could bowl as a 3rd seamer. Doesn't rely on swing anywhere near as much as Southee does. Decent pace and gets a bit of seam too.

Just an excellent prospect all round.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Next year if Tui have this same catch a 100k, anyone not wearing the shirt that impeades or gets in the way of someone wearing one, nees to be chucked the **** out.
Basically they're trying to **** you over if they get in the way knowing anyone in a Tui shirt and the lanyard could pocket 100k.

Next year we'll make sure the campaign features more media and educate those wankers (who aren't taking part) not to ruin it for everyone else.
Whoa there, fellas. If you've paid for your ticket, you're just as entitled to try and catch a six as anyone else. Why should you miss out just 'cause some goobers in the crowd have paid to spruik a really terrible beer?

Last edited: