• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Would you have dropped Dhawan incidentally ?
I wouldn't have, he hasn't scored big this tour but he's provided reasonable starts, also Dhawan is more than likely going to be our main opener come the world cup so I don't see why they would drop him. Still even if they wanted to drop him they should have played Rahane as the opener instead of Kohli.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
so unessessary that, worst time to get out. Might not be the worst idea to send in Ashwin or jadeja IMO.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't have, he hasn't scored big this tour but he's provided reasonable starts, also Dhawan is more than likely going to be our main opener come the world cup so I don't see why they would drop him. Still even if they wanted to drop him they should have played Rahane as the opener instead of Kohli.
Yuppers, India missed a trick opening with Kohli. Some will claim there's no difference between opening and batting at 3, but there is. Psychologically as much as anything else.

Last edited:

_Ed_

How did Bennett's wicket celebration compare to the hilarious one at Eden Park?

Zinzan

Incidentally, does Dhoni ever get out cheaply in ODIs? It almost seems an inevitability that he'll get a 50, the only question seems to be whether he'll convert it into a match-winning 100 or not. :yawn:

Daemon

Incidentally, does Dhoni ever get out cheaply in ODIs? It almost seems an inevitability that he'll get a 50, the only question seems to be whether he'll convert it into a match-winning 100 or not. :yawn:
Haha, amazing to think that his average has actually dropped this series.

Zinzan

He averages 57 as captain in ODIs. How is that even possible?
It really is mental. The only criticism I'd lay on his opposition is they rarely attack him enough for mine. It would take a courageous skipper to set a very attacking field to him mind.