• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2013/14

akilana

International 12th Man
Please... They rested half their attack. It was obvious how they looked at this game

While on topic, I think it was stupid to rest Steyn and morkel. SA have played precious little cricket this year anyway, and it's not as if they have a 5test series coming up
Resting few key players doesn't mean they were not trying to win with the other players picked to play.

akilana

International 12th Man
yeah okay, that is why Steyn, Morkel and Kallis were rested then?

But yeah AB in particular seems to take a lot of pressure in dead rubbers. MoM in both dead rubbers against Pak and would have been yesterday too.
Then he is in a good good company with some other ATGs.

Jassy

Banned
Resting few key players doesn't mean they were not trying to win with the other players picked to play.
that was not the point at all, no one was claiming that SA were trying to do a Mohammad Asif or a Salman Butt. Obviously they want to win every game they play but they clearly don't take dead rubbers as seriously or they would have played full strength and the insinuation in kykweer.proteas' post was that SA took dead rubbers just as seriously as they did live games and that is clearly wrong. You have missed the point by the length of the MCG and then some.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Err, I didn't mean they didn't want to win it. But they obviously gave it less importance than they would because it was a dead rubber. Most teams would do the same

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gold.

FMD, BCCI and the Indian team management make it difficult being an Indian supporter sometimes. ****'s sake.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
That was one solid thrashing in the ODIs. Wonder if Bhuvi is out of the running for the first test and if so will it be Ishant replacing him?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That was one solid thrashing in the ODIs. Wonder if Bhuvi is out of the running for the first test and if so will it be Ishant replacing him?
That's a lock. Ishant will play the first test based on his 4-fer.

Pretty annoying

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
It would be unfortunate if Bhuvi misses out IMO, dude has done enough to bowl in the tests, I seriously hope they don't pick Ishant based on that one game.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I had high hopes on Ishant and even now a small tiny part of me wishes he realizes his potential, but I do not want to see him back in the team so soon. He needs to go away like Zaheer did and come back with solid performances over a year.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
****. There was supposed to be a 2 day practice game and the first day has been washed out. Absolutely terrible timing.

smash84

The Tiger King
I am really looking forward to the test matches. Would love to see Dale Steyn and Co having a go at the Indian batsmen. Would be interesting to see how SA use the short delivery