• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Lions favs on paper, for sure. Rugby not played on etc tho.

Interesting the Wobblies have (I think) 3 players on test day-boo (as ver crims insist on pronouncing it) tho. Kinda gives lie to the "Deans is a conservative" truism.

North versus Falou looks a very interesting match up.

Not sold on O'Connor as out-half myself. Don't think he has the distribution skills for a #10.
There are reasons why we only win these series when the side is chock full of ATGs, and I'm not sure the present line-up quite meets that criteria.
Just hope it's down to rubgy this time and we don't see a repeat of O'Driscoll being deliberately hospitalised.

Lots of great articles recently. Did you see the series in the Guardian about the 50 greatest Lions? As you'd expect, most of them, were from the 1971 & 1974 tours. Some great reading, to be sure.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Sensational first half. Folau looks quite a find, doesn't he.
Sure is, excellent first half. Nice to see some decent rugby after the woeful French back in NZ.

The Aussies really need to find a decent goal kicker though. Could well prove the difference in this match and the series as a whole.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It would be even better if the Lions didn't insist on giving away penalties. Rank indiscipline may well cost us the game.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Australia deserved to take that game IMO, but as I thought, goal-kicking well and truly proved the difference.

Great game though, can't wait for the 2nd Test.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia deserved to take that game IMO, but as I thought, goal-kicking well and truly proved the difference.

Great game though, can't wait for the 2nd Test.
Walk in the park with a goal kicker but we have Deans as coach

For the second test, let's do the world a favour and lend the Wallabies our league back line with Folau on the wing - that's a 50+ belting

Lions were rubbish

James

Cricket Web Owner
Walk in the park with a goal kicker but we have Deans as coach

For the second test, let's do the world a favour and lend the Wallabies our league back line with Folau on the wing - that's a 50+ belting

Lions were rubbish
Yeah, well with you there, can't stand Deans either and hope he never goes anywhere near the All Blacks again. You guys can keep him as far as I'm concerned :p

If the Wallabies turn up like they did tonight and their kicking is on song, they'll win by 13+ as they should have done tonight. I wouldn't say the Lions were rubbish myself, but they were quite ordinary and didn't show much around the park.

My 3-0 Wallabies predication out the window now.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Loins have used up a whole lifetime of spawn there.

I mean, the Wobblies missed, what, six kickable shots? & had four guys stretchered off.

If we can't put a cricket score on a team playing a flanker at centre for twenty minutes we're toast.

Plus side, a win's a win and the Loins can't be that bad again, surely?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loins have used up a whole lifetime of spawn there.

I mean, the Wobblies missed, what, six kickable shots? & had four guys stretchered off.

If we can't put a cricket score on a team playing a flanker at centre for twenty minutes we're toast.

Plus side, a win's a win and the Loins can't be that bad again, surely?
I agree and also how many injuries will the Aussies have for the next test. Lions to be better next week and win again.