• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Fair result that. Can see Australia winning quite easily next week.
You'd think so, especially as they should have won last week as well. The Lions seem to be running out of steam in the last 20 minutes, so unless they can set up a massive lead in the first hour then they have little chance.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't be polite. It's a pile of **** mate. A ****ing embarrassment that amply illustrates why it's the fourth football code here. Fmd it's a dirge when it's played like this.

Rugby should just be the All Blacks and the Saffers. Only countries where it's fair dinkum.
Hate to do it but I agree with you

That match was turgid and an absolute disgrace to people who paid $250 for a seat

The Lions are absolute garbage and shouldn't come within 50 points of a team with a heart-beat

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play to the Wobblies; shows what difference a chap who knows one end of a kicking tee from another can make.

Loins must be ****house if they can't beat a team with a 5/8 who almost literally can't pass.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
These have been two exciting Tests in that they've been close and winning a Lions Tour means so much. But gosh the quality of rugby has been poor.

* James O'Connor just isn't a flyhalf. He's not a close action player. I actually rated him quite highly in 2010 when the Wallabies beat the All Blacks in Hong Kong. I thought he (on the wing), Beale (at fullback), and Mitchell (right wing) made for a brief time a really dangerous back three. O'Connor's actually a good player. But Deans doesn't want to play Quade (who can blame him?), he hasn't got faith in Leolifano (sp?), and Barnes isn't playing very well right now.

* I thought Warburton was the best player on the field, and maybe him going off hurt the Lions a bit. Hopefully he's not badly injured.

* I didn't rate the Wallabies much, but two decisions were pretty epic. One was to opt for the scrum instead of making it 12-15. Really the Wallabies couldn't guarantee they'd be up that end of the field again, and even if they were their backline was so inept the best they were ever going to get was a draw (and even that was unlikely). Going for the seven points instead of three with more than 10 minutes remaining was the right decision. And while they didn't score until four minutes left, they were in Lions territory all that time because Horwill made the right decision.

* Contesting that final lineout. You could see the Lions players saying "drop-goal". They'd win the line-out, maybe try a driving maul (which worked well before). If that failed they'd move the ball toward the centre of the field, and a drop-goal would seal the win. The Aussies took a risk, shades of Justin Harrison in 2001, and it paid off.

social

Hate to do it but I agree with you

That match was turgid and an absolute disgrace to people who paid $250 for a seat

The Lions are absolute garbage and shouldn't come within 50 points of a team with a heart-beat
Well this was a bit ott - I blame it on jet lag and not the copious number of beers consumed

Anyway, for much of the match it looked like the Lions were trying not to lose (as opposed to taking a few risks in an attempt to score) whilst the Wallabies lacked any sort of cohesion

Obviously Genia's injury didn't help but the selection of O'Connor at stand-off is creating more problems than solutions

Stupid thing is that he is an outstanding test back in virtually any position other than where he is being played

dermo

International Vice-Captain
the brief moments of play where Beale went into first receiver we looked 10x more dangerous and fluent

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yet on the highlights - which is all I saw JOC set up the try. No doubt he sucked for the other 79 minutes but Deans will remember the try assist. Look for him to start next week.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
It's a **** of a game where you get a penalty 40 out and decide to have a shot at goal. The game has fundamental problems.

Just now, Australia down by six with eight to go, and there's a debate about whether to have a shot at goal or to attempt to score a try. It's farcical.
Perhaps you could have ****ed off to the cross-code banter thread with your tedious moaning?

social

Australia were absolutely woeful

Thank **** we have seen the last of Deans as the ABs would have stuck 50 plus past us each match

James

Cricket Web Owner
The Wallabies really were useless to be frank weren't they. Their whole forward pack are just dreadful. And I loled completely when the Fox Sports commentators said Genia is the best player in world rugby right now. What a joke that is.

Well done Lions!

And........ you're getting SACKED IN THE MORNING ROBBIE! Just don't ever come anywhere near the All Blacks.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Gubbing and a half. Lollabies
Wow - I had to pop out for the last 20 minutes and came back to this scoreline. Huge credit for how they came back after Aus were within 3 points. Gatland's post-match interview will be fun after the flack he's taken for team selection.