• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Sam Cane was poor and messam invisible. Their loosies nearly won the game. I am trying to find out the french changes for next week.

the big bambino

International Captain
You wouldn't think the Lions would have the hide complaining abt 2nd string teams considering the toilet Euro sides send out here. Go suck a hairy pair Sir Clive.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Second-string Blues did OK against the French tonight. Glad it wasn't a blowout.

James

Cricket Web Owner
What a performance tonight from the All Blacks. Totally dominated the French in every aspect with some wonderful tries.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can't remember the last time I saw a performance as good as that from the All Blacks. Pretty much perfect.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Well done the Brumbies - great win, but what rubbish all night that was from the Lions.

Certainly gives the Wallabies the advantage going into the weekend. Not sure about the rest of you, but I can see it all going wrong from here for the Lions.

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
I'm at the ground most times when the Brumbies play and its fair to say the score flattered the Lions. I don't think it was their best team so the tests are still game on imo. Some of the one on one tackling by the Brumbies tonight was magnificent.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm at the ground most times when the Brumbies play and its fair to say the score flattered the Lions. I don't think it was their best team so the tests are still game on imo. Some of the one on one tackling by the Brumbies tonight was magnificent.
Yeah but even then, I think we had a dozen of our first team out and a grand total of twenty-odd Test caps between two players in our side? Really, by rights it shouldn't have been close let alone talking about the scoreline flattering the Lions.

Immense stuff.

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
I think both teams were down on personnel. It didn't look the strongest Brumby team to me. Difference being that the Lions are 4 countries and can more easily find capable replacements of the required standard.

Spark

Global Moderator
That should be "flattering the Lions" there, obvs. We were definitely missing quite a few, whether through Test selection or injury. It's probably one of the weakest sides we've fielded all year, if not the weakest.

ripper868

International Coach
Wallabies 24 (Adam Ashley-Cooper 2 Tries; Christian Lealiafano con, 4 pens) d B&I Lions 15 (Leigh Halfpenney 5 pens)

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lions favs on paper, for sure. Rugby not played on etc tho.

Interesting the Wobblies have (I think) 3 players on test day-boo (as ver crims insist on pronouncing it) tho. Kinda gives lie to the "Deans is a conservative" truism.

North versus Falou looks a very interesting match up.

Not sold on O'Connor as out-half myself. Don't think he has the distribution skills for a #10.