• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jono, as always, has come in all guns blazing but again not knowing what he's talking about.

Maybe before shooting your mouth off like you usually do, you'd like to read this post and see why I made that post.
Ok cool I suck again as always I don't know wtf I am talking about etc. etc.

I was agreeing with you but just thought your way of argument was way too aggressive, and even in my next post said Howard was being a douche in how he was acting!

Just in general your posting of how everyone here sucks and this thread is like Deano's Twitter feed is unsavoury. Why do you think everyone is **** all the time? I don't get it.

I actually think my mind has been changed a little from the time of the incident to reading your posts, Spark's and Andre's posts etc. But that is because I didn't approach this as "**** me dead anyone who disagrees is ****ing dumb".

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah it was an obvious parody.
Yeah perhaps the tone is obvious but am I supposed to remember every post Howard has made in conversation with Ginger Furball in a separate thread? Don't think its unreasonable to have taken Benchy at face value.

In any case, I don't think it added to the discussion much other than proving that a separate post by Howard directed at Furball in another thread was lame (which it was ftr)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't think everyone is **** all the time. I think people who make **** posts are ****.
Come on, other than the Khawaja bloke not everyone is making that many **** posts here. They're polarising views, sure (and that is what is wrong about this, there is a clear middle ground where many parties can be seen as at fault in a way) but I hardly think calling this whole thread full of Dean Jones-esque people is fair (the ultimate insult!!!!!!)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In any case, I don't think it added to the discussion much other than proving that a separate post by Howard directed at Furball in another thread was lame (which it was ftr)
Was an important thing to add IMO; I hated that post.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
People I am most pissed off in this, in order of most to least:

1. Usman Khawaja - This **** has possibly the most annoying attitude problem. Seems everything has been too easy for me. Seems a good bloke but doesn't want to work hard for anything. He finally gets a look in on selection and all he needs to do is keep his head down and he does this ****. Deserves to fall down the pecking order now.

2. Shane Watson - Vice captain, enough said. ****ing horrible example of leadership. I've been a Watson supporter for ages now, but he can't be defended here. The team is stronger with Watson in it, but he needs to sort this **** out.

3. James Pattinson - young guy who is shouldering the attack shouldn't be doing this ****, but has shown remorse and said the right things.

4. Mitchell Johnson - thank **** he did this, thought he was going to play a game for a second there.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

1. Usman Khawaja - This **** has possibly the most annoying attitude problem. Seems everything has been too easy for me. Seems a good bloke but doesn't want to work hard for anything. He finally gets a look in on selection and all he needs to do is keep his head down and he does this ****. Deserves to fall down the pecking order now.

2. Shane Watson - Vice captain, enough said. ****ing horrible example of leadership. I've been a Watson supporter for ages now, but he can't be defended here. The team is stronger with Watson in it, but he needs to sort this **** out.

3. James Pattinson - young guy who is shouldering the attack shouldn't be doing this ****, but has shown remorse and said the right things.

4. Mitchell Johnson - thank **** he did this, thought he was going to play a game for a second there.
Jono, howardj and social not even rating a mention is ITSTL.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The weird thing for me is that I agree with quite a bit of what both benchmark00 and howardj are saying.

The players are absolutely at fault; they should blame themselves and accept responsibility for being rubbed out. Whether it was a worthwhile task or not is irrelevant; they were set something to do by the management and they didn't do it. If they didn't think it was worthwhile then they should have raised objections and voiced their opinions rather than just doing absolutely nothing about it.

That said, I'm also disappointed in how the management have handled this. Should the players have been punished? Absolutely. Should the punishment have been droppings? No way IMO. It smacks of cutting off your nose to spite your face; weakening the team to punish the players personally should really be an absolute last resort. They should've been fined heavily, had other privileges revoked and so on, and Watson should've had his vice captaincy stripped, but to drop them over this with no prior warning really is over the top IMO. This doesn't mean the players should feel wronged, because they deserve it, but the repercussions of this sort of punishment go beyond the players themselves and that's why I think it was over the top.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Why shouldnt management cop some stick for allegedly tolerating unacceptable behaviour for so long, selecting players with attitude problems (e.g. Khawaja) and pandering to the whims of under-performers like Watson?

They have been weak as piss and are now over-compensating to the detriment of this series

benchmark00

Why shouldnt management cop some stick for allegedly tolerating unacceptable behaviour for so long, selecting players with attitude problems (e.g. Khawaja) and pandering to the whims of under-performers like Watson?

They have been weak as piss and are now over-compensating to the detriment of this series
Yep social I can definitely see you supporting the selection policy of not selecting someone due to attitude problems.

After all you went on a little rant yesterday about who gives a **** that Cowan is better for the team environment, it's all about who you'd rather play against!

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
We're not going to get the full story, are we? Was this meant to be a droppable offence from the start? Were the players reminded at all? Was this meant to stop the bad discipline on tour or just set a tripwire aimed at the worst offenders (of whom Patto and MJ appear to have been collateral damage)?

benchmark00

We're not going to get the full story, are we? Was this meant to be a droppable offence from the start? Were the players reminded at all? Was this meant to stop the bad discipline on tour or just set a tripwire aimed at the worst offenders (of whom Patto and MJ appear to have been collateral damage)?
When your boss tells you to do something do you think it's reasonable for him to outline the punishment if you don't do it? Or do you concede that you throw yourself at his mercy if you willingly not comply with his instructions?