• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apparently in uvelocity's 45th grade park team when someone ****s up they just make them bring the beers next week. Why didn't they just do that??

uvelocity

International Coach
Apparently in uvelocity's 45th grade park team when someone ****s up they just make them bring the beers next week. Why didn't they just do that??
nah **** esky is always fully stocked and everybody is on board to give the other ****s a whipping this saturday and we will be very happy

benchmark00

If you went to law school you would know that it means, the thing speaks for itself
Well fortunately I did go to law school so I guess this makes me qualified to speak on the topic?

Someone murders someone. This means no matter how long this person lives, no matter how much remorse he shows, the law of homicide is not important because he committed that crime.

Spare me.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
So what do you all think for the team that's going to play the next test?

I think the most likely is probably:

Ed Cowan
David Warner
Phil Hughes
Michael Clarke (c)
Matthew Wade\Brad Haddin (wk)
Moises Henriques
Glenn Maxwell
Peter Siddle
Mitchell Starc
Xavier Doherty
Nathan Lyon

or

Ed Cowan
David Warner
Phil Hughes
Michael Clarke (c)
Steve Smith
Matthew Wade\Brad Haddin (wk)
Moises Henriques
Glenn Maxwell
Peter Siddle
Mitchell Starc
Xavier Doherty\Nathan Lyon

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The coach can't go around saying "and if you don't do it I'll send you home." After every instruction he gives.

According to management theory he can't even mention the penalty for non compliance for important tasks as otherwise his less important tasks that he doesn't mention a penalty for, that are still non optional, will be ignored. Furthermore going around issuing instructions and saying "do this or else" in any circumstance is not recommended as it alienates people. You can argue that the coach has alienated more people by punishing people without a warning. But he would simply lose control of the team and people would escalate complaints about him if he used "or else" statements even it was only every now and again and certainly if it was a habit.

Not disagreeing with you fully at all but why should the coach CONTROL the team? The coach's job in cricket is always more about man-management and being the guy who helps the captain. The captain is really the one who should be in control, IMO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Benchy, who on the whole I agree with on the matter (though I wouldn't have suspended them, rather fined the **** out of them to the point that they couldn't afford the coconuts being sold at the side streets in Mohali) is ****ting on people's opinions here like he always does. Everyone is a dumb **** if they disagree.

There is no way you can use Patto's statement to refute Social and Howard (who I on the whole disagree with on this matter). Your points previously to this - about respect for coach, value added to the team etc. was spot on. Patto saying it is valuable though can't be used as a "SEE I TOLD YOU SO!". Come on, if he came out and said it wasn't valuable you'd question his attitude (see Watto). You can't take too much from Patto's statement, other than the fact at least he's not a dickhead.

Spark

Global Moderator
Not disagreeing with you fully at all but why should the coach CONTROL the team? The coach's job in cricket is always more about man-management and being the guy who helps the captain. The captain is really the one who should be in control, IMO.
There's nothing here to suggest Clarke isn't fully on board on this and indeed some - ie. Haigh - think he's actually the one pushing the most strongly for this.

benchmark00

Benchy, who on the whole I agree with on the matter (though I wouldn't have suspended them, rather fined the **** out of them to the point that they couldn't afford the coconuts being sold at the side streets in Mohali) is ****ting on people's opinions here like he always does. Everyone is a dumb **** if they disagree.

There is no way you can use Patto's statement to refute Social and Howard (who I on the whole disagree with on this matter). Your points previously to this - about respect for coach, value added to the team etc. was spot on. Patto saying it is valuable though can't be used as a "SEE I TOLD YOU SO!". Come on, if he came out and said it wasn't valuable you'd question his attitude (see Watto). You can't take too much from Patto's statement, other than the fact at least he's not a dickhead.
Jono, as always, has come in all guns blazing but again not knowing what he's talking about.

Maybe before shooting your mouth off like you usually do, you'd like to read this post and see why I made that post.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah wtf, Clarke even wrote a frickin' article about it. He is on board.

Seems most people (blog and website comments, bogans on talk back radio etc.) are painting this as Clarke vs. Watson in fact.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There's nothing here to suggest Clarke isn't fully on board on this and indeed some - ie. Haigh - think he's actually the one pushing the most strongly for this.
If that is the case, it is fine. As I said, mine was a more general point than being specific to this particular incident. I just think any coach who wants to or is looking to control the team, a la soccer and other sports, is just the worst guy for the job for a cricket team.