• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Under 19 World Cup 2012

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
Greaves to Sodhi, FOUR
Greaves to Sodhi, 2 runs
Greaves to Sodhi, SIX
Greaves to Duffy, 1 leg bye
Greaves to Sodhi, 1 run
Greaves to Sodhi, FOUR

18 needed of the last over and he does it - WAG

:blink:

**** both the matches were some epic **** today

Xuhaib

International Coach
great game but boy there were some ordinary cricketers on both sides is this the best upcoming talent from sub cont?

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What a win! Thought we were done for when the required run rate reached the wrong side of 11. Amazing finish.

SeamUp

International Coach
Two big shocks yesterday. Always felt Pakistan & Windies would have too much in the Quarters.

Probably going to use a new strip for the game later. Could be a good'un.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't see them doing it. If you look at the physiques of these guys, they're not particularly big fellas. Chasing reasonably big totals, if they get behind the rate they're in strife. So they have to get ahead of it early and rely on precision.
I was going to quote myself and serve up some delicious humble pie, but I don't think I have to. Neynens looks like he's a big lad and so is Sodhi. O'Donnell and Fletcher are shrimps and a lack of impetus could have been fatal. But of course they'll claim they timed it perfectly!

Sodhi is a gun. Auckland let one slip there, he's much more deserving of a contract than the ever-broken down Lochie Ferguson

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Actually Pakistan has the upper hand in head to head in U19 WCs. It is currently 5-2 to Pakistan. And yesterdays match was so good. Baba Aparajith seems to be a good talent with a great temperament and Vijay Zol seems exciting. Didn't get to see our bowling but from all accounts Sandeep Sharma seems to be a good bowler of the Praveen Kumar kind.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Hope it's still a tough choice for all Kiwis at about 5:30 Thursday, the first session from India or Wasim singing the praises of Sodhi, "what a week for this youngsta!", etc. Also in my bingo game, Chappell ripping our top-order as technically inept, Sanjay Manjrekar finding wry amusement in Quinn's elbows.

Sodhi moves on for a shot at selection | Stuff.co.nz

Singe says Sodhi wants to play for New Zealand one day and his move to Northern Districts is part of that journey.

"He doesn't really want to go but he realises he has to if he wants to develop his game."
Auckland, Auckland... "didn't really want to go" and yet you passed? 8-)

Just noticed Ish is FB friends with Unmukt Chand and half the India U19 side these days. How sick will I feel on your behalf if he stays put for years, the grubby old (rebranded with a lick of pink paint) Knights getting to put Kane, Ish and [insert rising Indian star] in a billboard campaign.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hope it's still a tough choice for all Kiwis at about 5:30 Thursday, the first session from India or Wasim singing the praises of Sodhi, "what a week for this youngsta!", etc. Also in my bingo game, Chappell ripping our top-order as technically inept, Sanjay Manjrekar finding wry amusement in Quinn's elbows.

Sodhi moves on for a shot at selection | Stuff.co.nz

Auckland, Auckland... "didn't really want to go" and yet you passed? 8-)

Just noticed Ish is FB friends with Unmukt Chand and half the India U19 side these days. How sick will I feel on your behalf if he stays put for years, the grubby old (rebranded with a lick of pink paint) Knights getting to put Kane, Ish and [insert rising Indian star] in a billboard campaign.
Your avatar always reminds me of the Bicardi logo.