• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Under 19 World Cup 2012

Ruckus

International Captain
Cheers NUFAN. Going by his cricinfo profile pic at least, looks like Sandhu means ****ing business.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Serious, or just saying that cause he has a ridiculously apt name for a spin bowler?
Haha no I really do think he's a good talent. Gets right over the top of the ball for his off break giving him heaps of overspin and has an absolutely vicious armball that goes like a genuine outswinger.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bancroft, Bosisto, Turner, Paris and Agar are all WA and either named on the rookie list (first 4) or in the 17 man squad.

adub

International Captain
Reckon you might have seen some of his better work. :)

Getting a little tense this game, one of the batsman need to up the tempo slightly.
Should be ok, but Bancroft certainly used a lot of balls.

Bosisto seems to like red ink.

SeamUp

International Coach
Well played Australia. South Africa let themselves down in certain areas while batting & dropping a couple of catches.

Credit to Sandhu & Steketee who I thought were very difficult to get away which put the pressure on.

Not sure if there are many stars in the Australia team but a few good street-fighters like the skipper particularly.

On South Africa, I think there are a few real gems in this squad & hopefully see quite a few in the franchise system in the next two years.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Caught at least a bit of the semi while having breakfast (damn the remoteness of Australia and damn grainy streams!). The finish looked like AUS were firmly on top. Well played tho, enjoyed watching Bowes and his team :)

Funny how de Kock looks so much younger than he is.

brockley

International Captain
Get Chand and India are vulnerable to collapse,i don't know if they can even bt New Zealand.
That said expect Chand to lead India into the final.
Australia are favourites they bt the best side by far.
Gee Bossisto is amazing,lot of grafting by us have to admit,but its likely to produce goods in years to come.:cool:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
lol this tournament is ridiculous. England knocked out and yet still two more pointless games. I guess beating Bangladesh is something of an achievement given we lost to them in Bangladesh earlier this year/last year???

Topley is probably the furthest developed of the english guys and rightly is a regular for essex when available now. Foakes also looks first class standard- unfortunately he has two keepers ahead of him at essex(wheater, foster) so his current experience comes as a batsman alone.

Bell Drummond just looked like he was completely overwhelmed by the occasion. Some of english press guys had been complaining that he hadn't been playing for Kent this season but you can see why now.

Jamie Overton looks a prospect but I think he got overexcited by the pace and bounce in the wickets. Be interesting to see how he develops.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha no I really do think he's a good talent. Gets right over the top of the ball for his off break giving him heaps of overspin and has an absolutely vicious armball that goes like a genuine outswinger.
Ashton Turner - YouTube

His stats early in this video aren't great, will one day allow PEWS and I to claim we were in at close to the ground floor. :cool:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Play with a guy who played in the schools comp in Perth a couple of years ago. Reckons he flogged Turner around when he played against him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ashton Turner - YouTube

His stats early in this video aren't great, will one day allow PEWS and I to claim we were in at close to the ground floor. :cool:
:wub: WAG. Seriously, best member. That's precisely what I was going to do if I could get hold of the footage, to reply to that post of Ruckus's instead of trying to describe it like I ended up doing.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Wonder how long Turner will bide his time behind Beer out west? Ideal pick-up for someone?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Think Sodhi's a bit of a draught horse in the field but hey, no one's perfect.
running between the wickets is quite poor -
http://nzcpooch.blob.core.windows.net/f07dc8ad-de3b-45d5-8acb-21710e6bfd01/1_042_02.mp4

NZ v WI, ICC U-19 World Cup, quarter-final, Townsville : Cam Fletcher and Ish Sodhi recall the thrilling final moments of New Zealand's win over West Indies | Cricket News | ICC Under-19 World Cup | ESPN Cricinfo

The first of those went for six over square leg. "We were all sitting on the sidelines and we were backing him [Sodhi] a lot," said Fletcher, who hadn't bothered taking off his pads. "The first he got, it was probably a full ball around middle or leg stump, he [Greaves] was trying to bowl a yorker and he [Sodhi] just picked it up off his legs. It's a massive boundary out there and he cleared it, over deep square leg and into one of the tents that was out the back."

Sodhi managed two off the penultimate delivery, and New Zealand needed a boundary of the last one to enter the semi-finals. He sent it to the midwicket boundary. "Originally I was trying to hit it over cover and I opened up the front leg, but he [Greaves] bowled a low full toss on my legs and I hit it over midwicket. I had the front leg open, he bowled straight and I took advantage of that.

"Until about half way the ball was in the air, I didn't really look because I saw the fielder hadn't given up on it. I don't remember anything from then, I just went out and celebrated real big and saw the team rushing at me. It was only a while ago but I still can't believe that it actually happened."

Sodhi's cameo, 22 off 10 balls, had helped New Zealand pull off the highest successful chase of this Under-19 World Cup, and against perhaps the best bowling attack on show in Queensland.

"When I got out I was devastated, said Fletcher. "But after the first hit that Ish hit for the six, that was amazing. We were just sitting back in our seats and sure we could actually do this. When he hit those runs, everyone just ran onto the field. We all dog-piled onto Ish, everyone was on there. It's probably the best game everyone in our side has ever played in; I know for me certainly it was. It was probably cricket wise, the greatest experience of my life."

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wonder how long Turner will bide his time behind Beer out west? Ideal pick-up for someone?
WA seem to have him behind Agar as well judging by their contract list. They did give Turner a rookie deal though.

All the states do have at least one spinner they seem to rate now, though. When you consider that Botha is SA captain (and they'll have Lyon as well for a few games), O'Keefe is NSW captain, Victoria's Holland made the Australia A team ahead of Beer, Queensland have the country's best leggie and have now recruited Hauritz too and Tasmania have both Doherty and Krejza on the books, WA is probably a decent place o be as a young spinner at the moment, in terms of potential opportunities anyway.

Last edited: