• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Under 19 World Cup 2012

Howsie

International Captain
I was going to quote myself and serve up some delicious humble pie, but I don't think I have to. Neynens looks like he's a big lad and so is Sodhi. O'Donnell and Fletcher are shrimps and a lack of impetus could have been fatal. But of course they'll claim they timed it perfectly!

Sodhi is a gun. Auckland let one slip there, he's much more deserving of a contract than the ever-broken down Lochie Ferguson
I've obviously seen next to nothing of Sodhi but do you reckon he's good enough for first class cricket right away next season? He's obviously better then the two young guys we used last season but does he have to game right now to come in and do well?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I've obviously seen next to nothing of Sodhi but do you reckon he's good enough for first class cricket right away next season? He's obviously better then the two young guys we used last season but does he have to game right now to come in and do well?
Yeah I do. I don't think ND would be luring him down and contracting him ahead of other bowlers who have debuted down there if they didn't think so either.

He's got more tools in his bag than Nethula does. He doesn't turn it as much as Astle but has far more control. With the sort of seam bowling line-up ND regularly puts out, and one that keeps RPO low, he'll be more than handy. If they can wheel out a bit of bounce at Seddon Park he'll take a lot of wickets. Big tall guy whose wrong-un is well disguised as well. Plus will sell his wicket at a high price down the order, and a hitter to boot. Think he's a bit of a draught horse in the field but hey, no one's perfect.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Has Patterson been signed by a BBL squad? Which other members of this Under 19s have? I really enjoy watching him bat. Obviously he's been dropped twice, playing too loose outside off, but apart from those, he's looked good.

#nofanof1stchanceave.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Vic U/19s I think that he opened or batted at 3. Opened in a T20 last year for the Renegades.

He's a bit like his brother Liam, has his own very individual style that isn't probably textbook, but he can do some ridiculous things and it probably won't . Is better prepared for professional cricket than Liam as well.

How To: Take on Shaun Tait of the Melbourne Renegades - YouTube
S Tait Vs M Buchanan @ Geelong.MOV - YouTube

Also, here's a clip of his brother taking the mickey in Grade cricket.
"THE BUCHANAN" - YouTube

Ruckus

International Captain
who are generally considered the key ones to watch (in terms of the future) in this Aus side? I know Patterson is highly thought of, but anyone else seem a stand out?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Vic U/19s I think that he opened or batted at 3. Opened in a T20 last year for the Renegades. [/url]
Knew he played a BBL game last season, but had forgotten he opened. I guess he's just gotten out too quickly in this tournament for me to judge him properly.

who are generally considered the key ones to watch (in terms of the future) in this Aus side? I know Patterson is highly thought of, but anyone else seem a stand out?
I've mainly just watched Australia bat so not sure on the bowlers. The captain Bosisto has looked compact and assured in each innings so you would think he'd potentially do well in first class matches.

Bancroft and Head look like they could have long domestic careers too. Its too early for me to say whether any of them are likely Aussie players in the future tho.

uvelocity

International Coach
only saw one game but paris, steketee and sandhu all looked reasonable, conway too from the hatty video