• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2012

Jacknife

International Captain
Just going on the cricinfo commentary it sounds like there's been a couple of poor decisions go either way today.

stumpski

International Captain
Andy Flower also made 199* vs South Africa in 2001, of course. A handy effort in which he also made 142 in the first innings, yet still finished on the losing side.

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
I absolutely love Sanga but all this "stranded on 199*" stuff makes me sick. There's far too much emphasis on milestones in the game today and the subcon teams seem more obsessed with them than most.

It was a great innings - despite many not rating him highly as a player of spin he plays the best spinner around better than any other batsman - but I would have liked to see him taking a slightly more positive approach once PJ was out. Had he done so SL would have had the 500 I reckon is a par first innings score on this track - and he would have been on something like 220 - by the time the last wicket fell.

It's not like he has anything to prove when it comes to scoring doubles - he already has a phenomenal record of scoring them and could easily hold the all time record by the time he calls it a day.