• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very strange that Franklin keeps opening for Mumbai
Yea, he was doing okay in the middle order. He's never an opener. Karthik has opened before and would be much suited there than Franklin - plus Karthik is always going to play. I guess Nohit doesn't want to open but he'd be a better option as well.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Watching Gayle bat in the IPL, I am starting to wonder how did teams ever get him out in international cricket. I know the standard of bowling is much lower but still he has been monstrous. The road seems pretty much closed to CSK and honestly they do not deserve a spot in the top 4.

Howsie

International Captain
Watching Gayle bat in the IPL, I am starting to wonder how did teams ever get him out in international cricket. I know the standard of bowling is much lower but still he has been monstrous. The road seems pretty much closed to CSK and honestly they do not deserve a spot in the top 4.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Fairly sure I know some blokes at my local club who could do just as good a job bowling legside longhops as DC's bowling attack.

Sign us please

Also, Sangakkara's expression in the field is hilarious. Just a blank death stare at his team. Don't think he even bothers with fielding positions

Last edited:

Debris

International 12th Man
He has some problems when the ball does not go in a straight line.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
What's up with the players not removing their pads after getting out. I mean you can understand it if one gets out in really late stage or a captain does this as he has to think or plan out strategy a lot and not getting the time but when a player like Murali Vijay does this after getting a first over Duck, that's just a show off

Jacknife

International Captain
That Trivedi's got a bit of a dodgy action imo, fair bit of elbow in it.

:laugh:Shaun Tait tbf to him rubbish call for the no ball by the umpire.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Sehwag, Gambhir, Rahane and Dhawan are more or less the top four for India in the T20I World Championship in Lanka. Mandeep Singh has a strong chance to make it at five, though the wicketkeeper position is still vacant. Maybe Uthappa can make it as a leading run-scorer, given the poor form of the other wicketkeepers, bar Ojha's late charge.

You have decent options in bowling too, with Munaf, Awana, Umesh, Balaji and Chawla, but spinners have had a poor tournament- or in Rajeev Shukla's words, toornaamaint (credit to the former Fake IPL player). I too am not too keen on having Munaf in any Indian team, but he's been one of the best T20 bowlers in India, so you're left with just that. But since the World T20 is in SL, you'll need some capable bowlers or all-rounders, and blokes who have genuine hitting power, and don't just use the pace of the ball, pitch and outfield. The Pathans, despite poor form, may still come useful on bowler-friendly decks. Mishra, even more so.

In other news, Dada steps down from captaincy of Pune Warriors. Good move. After Vettori's and Sangakkara's temporary 'self-drops', this move is permanent, though with little left in the tournament. Who's next? Lots of players past their sell-by date are doing well in the IPL.

Spark

Global Moderator
Sehwag, Gambhir, Rahane and Dhawan are more or less the top four for India in the T20I World Championship in Lanka. Mandeep Singh has a strong chance to make it at five, though the wicketkeeper position is still vacant. Maybe Uthappa can make it as a leading run-scorer, given the poor form of the other wicketkeepers, bar Ojha's late charge.

You have decent options in bowling too, with Munaf, Awana, Umesh, Balaji and Chawla, but spinners have had a poor tournament- or in Rajeev Shukla's words, toornaamaint (credit to the former Fake IPL player). I too am not too keen on having Munaf in any Indian team, but he's been one of the best T20 bowlers in India, so you're left with just that. But since the World T20 is in SL, you'll need some capable bowlers or all-rounders, and blokes who have genuine hitting power, and don't just use the pace of the ball, pitch and outfield. The Pathans, despite poor form, may still come useful on bowler-friendly decks. Mishra, even more so.

In other news, Dada steps down from captaincy of Pune Warriors. Good move. After Vettori's and Sangakkara's temporary 'self-drops', this move is permanent, though with little left in the tournament. Who's next? Lots of players past their sell-by date are doing well in the IPL.
Is he stepping down straight away? Cricinfo doesn't seem to think so.

Curious to see who replaces him. Clarke seems the most natural fit but there's also SMITTEH