• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Chandila should be a T20I prospect, although he'll be ahead largely on present form (as against the poor form of Yusuf Pathan, Ashwin, Pragyan Ojha and Amit Mishra) and has played little in T20 (or anything at all). Bowled really well in this game, and in non-IPL matches, is a decent batsman. Maybe he can do a Richard Levi for India- little but decent T20 experience, and suddenly a breakaway star in an international.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Chandila should be a T20I prospect, although he'll be ahead largely on present form (as against the poor form of Yusuf Pathan, Ashwin, Pragyan Ojha and Amit Mishra) and has played little in T20 (or anything at all). Bowled really well in this game, and in non-IPL matches, is a decent batsman. Maybe he can do a Richard Levi for India- little but decent T20 experience, and suddenly a breakaway star in an international.
lol you never seize to amaze us with your great cricketing insightful thoughts!! I'll definitely vote for you in the coming Selection Committee Election. Maybe you can do a Srikkanth for India-little but decent Forum Team Selection experience, and suddenly a breakway star chairman in BCCI

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Oh right, a Tournament 6 months ago when the bloke bowled once in 5 games - can see where I was going wrong in questioning the form comment now!

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
That, and also the horrendously poor form of all the alternatives- all-rounders and spinners. Mishra has been poor. Irfan has been poor. Yusuf has been dreadful. Ashwin has been anything but an India prospect. Ojha's been poor too- although it doesn't help that Bhajji is the captain of that side.

Yes, I agree Chandila's a long shot, but given the decent form he's in, the poor form the better blokes are showing at present, and also the very unpredictable nature of the T20 format (which is why I mentioned Richard Levi earlier) where credentials in the format don't count for everything, and rookies suddenly become stars, it's just an option. Not the only solution.