• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh well, be over by lunch. Well done Australia and Clarke.

Says a lot Lyon 0-46 and Clarke 3-34.
Lyon will do a Swann and clean up the tail on day five.

Difference of course is he also takes poles in the first dig, whereas The Ramjet myth doesn't.

Jacknife

International Captain
Lyon will do a Swann and clean up the tail on day five.

Difference of course is he also takes poles in the first dig, whereas The Ramjet myth doesn't.
:lol:Cool story bro.

Couldn't help myself so had to check what the stats actually said, so just having a quick look of the number of top 6 batsmen Lyon has taken so far, of his 49 wickets he's taken:

Nos 1 - 6 = 14 wickets, 7 - 11= 25 wickets

Do the same for Swann, of the 182 he's taken

Nos 1 - 6 = 112 wickets, 7 - 11 = 70

Add to that Swann's got 91 wickets at @ 29 in the first dig of a innings with 5 5fers and has 91 @ 26 in the second with 8 5fers.

Last edited:

Burgey

:lol:Cool story bro.

Couldn't help myself so had to check what the stats actually said, so just having a quick look of the number of top 6 batsmen Lyon has taken so far, of his 49 wickets he's taken:

Nos 1 - 6 = 14 wickets, 7 - 11= 25 wickets

Do the same for Swann, of the 182 he's taken

Nos 1 - 6 = 112 wickets, 7 - 11 = 70

Add to that Swann's got 91 wickets at @ 29 in the first dig of a innings with 5 5fers and has 91 @ 26 in the second with 8 5fers.
How many matches has he played? I'm telling you, Lyon > Swann. It's a simple fact.

/Ikki

Spikey

Team for first test v SA

Starc
Warner
Watson
Lyon
Clarke
Hussey
Nev
Patto
Cummins
two of Harris/Hilf/Siddle

Spikey

i've got clarke, hussey, cummins and two of Harris/Hilf/Siddle how many more do you want???

ajdude

International Coach
some bloke on cricinfo said:
Deepak: "The milestone is nice and all, but surely Shiv's inability to score quickly limits his ability to be counted among the greats. Until he goes and does something crazy like scoring a blazing hundred against the best team in the world with the batting falling apart around him, we can never really say that he's proved himself...maybe he can go on to score a 68 ball hundred from here?"
jackass cricinfo commentator said:
Well, clearly you have a different definition of greatness that most others
jackass cricinfo contributor said:
Narinder: "@Deepak ... if you don't find 10,000 runs at an average of 50 GREAT ... maybe you should just stick to ps3 or xbox gaming."
i don't think they got it

turnstyle

First Class Debutant
Good article from Chris Rogers on Crackinfo about the problems with some of the younger lads.

As per usual, if you get bored/disagree with his opinion, just scroll down to the comments section for lolz.

Last edited:

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm really hoping Cowan retains his place this summer. I think he has batted consistently well on these difficult pitches, and is just lacking that one big breakthrough innings. From what we've seen his fielding is amazing and he seems to be a really important guy behind the scenes, definitely worth persisting with.