• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

Flem274*

123/5
He may be a coke head and a criminal but Dermot Reeves probably should be doing something better in cricket than commentating on IPL. Such an innovative and original thinker. Shame he has such a chequered past, otherwise I'm sure he would have done a lot more in cricket post his playing career.
Had a crack at coaching but the Central Districts players rebelled and he got the chuck.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
How good's Rahane going to be, do we think? Can he convert this to proper cricket?
Looking at his First Class record, 4862 runs at 68.47, it looks like he should definitely do that. Such an amazing record, surely cannot be converted to international cricket though. Surely! It is too good to be true.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Was a pretty good innings by Dravid today, Gave his team a really quick start and was quite unlike him.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
How good's Rahane going to be, do we think? Can he convert this to proper cricket?
Looking at his First Class record, 4862 runs at 68.47, it looks like he should definitely do that. Such an amazing record, surely cannot be converted to international cricket though. Surely! It is too good to be true.
Yeah, plus the best part of his success in the IPL is that, he is not slogging but playing proper cricketing shots and also showing technique when he needs too.

His FC record has been a stand out for some time now, in anycase while he was strangely ignored for others.

Stapel

International Regular
Was a pretty good innings by Dravid today, Gave his team a really quick start and was quite unlike him.
Lately I've discussed with a friend if it is possible to adapt to blazin' carnaval cricket when you've kept a straight bat for several decades. We've seen Kallis adapt and now Dravid.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
His FC record has been a stand out for some time now, in anycase while he was strangely ignored for others.
I think he is the sort of batsmen that we should give a long go in the Test team. Even if he doesn't perform well at first, I'm sure he will come good. He even has a better record than Tendulkar or Dravid!

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have to say I absolutely love watching the guy bat. He seems so compact, so effortless, and yet he still scores at one hell of a rate without playing much more than prope cricket shots. It can't be long before he gets a Test call, surely?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Lately I've discussed with a friend if it is possible to adapt to blazin' carnaval cricket when you've kept a straight bat for several decades. We've seen Kallis adapt and now Dravid.
The problem though is they do this one in 10 occasions, while being around par about 7 times and on the slower side 2 times.

They have value in this form when playing a particular role early on in the innings, but need right players surrounding them.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kallis might have adapted to some degree but he's still more of a liability than anything.

Fat boy gets another wicket. Didn't tell them to **** off this time.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I have to say I absolutely love watching the guy bat. He seems so compact, so effortless, and yet he still scores at one hell of a rate without playing much more than prope cricket shots. It can't be long before he gets a Test call, surely?
Yeah, would think so. And hope it is not as a opener either.

He has been ignored strangely so far in all forms for some reason, partly also due to him being in the shadows of the early christened wonder boy Rohit Sharma at Mumbai, despite having a better record over a consistent period.