• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

Jacknife

International Captain
Sharma still looks a walking wicket against anything that bounces above his waist, shame because I do like him.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Sharma still looks a walking wicket against anything that bounces above his waist, shame because I do like him.
Hmm.... I am not sure about that tbh. He pretty much throws his wicket away in all kinds of different ways.

He usually also deals with the balls bouncing above his waist targetted at his body decently. Has a problem chasing them outside off though.

Jacknife

International Captain
Hmm.... I am not sure about that tbh. He pretty much throws his wicket away in all kinds of different ways.

He usually also deals with the balls bouncing above his waist targetted at his body decently. Has a problem chasing them outside off though.
He's looked terribly uncomfortable against anything fired into him from when I've watched him, like you say he does find all kinds of interesting ways to get himself out though.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I know Mumbai have batted dreadfully but DD have bowled as well as you'd expect any international team to bowl. That yorker was quality. Haha, as was that off cutter.

Jacknife

International Captain
I know Mumbai have batted dreadfully but DD have bowled as well as you'd expect any international team to bowl. That yorker was quality. Haha, as was that off cutter.
They have, Agarkar bowled a few length balls last over but apart from that very good, need to finish it off though.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, according to that poll, 51% of people think Delhi or Mumbai will win the IPL.
Hmm. Mumbai will look a lot stronger in a few days or weeks if they actually pick their best team. I don't know whether Johnson is fit yet but he should definitely play and Perera should play ahead of some of the rubbish they've picked so far. Levi is a one-trick pony until he develops the rest of his game. Jacobs is rubbish. Franklin and McKay are average.

But yea I don't think their temperament has improved.

Daredevils' bowling is going to look a lot less effective on the typical sluggish pitches. But I think they're a strong team.

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
He may be a coke head and a criminal but Dermot Reeves probably should be doing something better in cricket than commentating on IPL. Such an innovative and original thinker. Shame he has such a chequered past, otherwise I'm sure he would have done a lot more in cricket post his playing career.

Jacknife

International Captain
Comedy catching.

Oh KP, couldn't middle the pull, strange no ones been able to get one out of the middle consistently, this pitch really has had some bounce in it, really hurried every batsman.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
He may be a coke head and a criminal but Dermot Reeves probably should be doing something better in cricket than commentating on IPL. Such an innovative and original thinker. Shame he has such a chequered past, otherwise I'm sure he would have done a lot more in cricket post his playing career.
:
Yeah, he came up with this pretty imaginative gem when Levi got out. :p -

The commentator just said Levi can go and Join Davy Jacobs in the shower now. :laugh:

levi you fat ****
Comedy catching.

Probably still had soap on his hands from that shower earlier. :ph34r:

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just saw Pollard's shot on the news - what a ****ing piss-poor advertisement for the IPL that was

Team in trouble but with lots of overs left

Who cares?

I'll just have a slog because it doesnt matter anyway!

Absolutely disgraceful