• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No; cricket altogether IMO.

It's one thing to have a kink in your action that needs to be fixed up, but Samuels appears to be outright cheating. He's already had this delivery declared a throw, had remedial work and got cleared only to come back and bowl it again anyway. Now I take it all back if it's discovered he's somehow not throwing this delivery anymore but I somehow doubt it.
Do you really think he knows how bad it looks?

My gut feel is that he doesnt

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Shah 50 off 19? What are they bowling at him?
Its not been terrible tbh... these two have just batted amazingly well... shah just hit a perfect yorker from Zaheer khan for a boundary
Yes. Say what you want about Shah, but the bowling was fine, he just batted outstandingly. A lot of balls in the slot, but the ones which were shorter were 4 or 6 without much exception.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Rahane. :wub:

And i am not letting Jono claim him, Mukund or Pujara, ftr. :p

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Rahane also justifying my slagging of the Indian selectors for so long for ignoring him altogether while compared with his glorified Ranji team mate in Rohit(not putting Rohit down either, ftr). And also showing why Mumbai Indians were stupid to not play him for 3 seasons, and though Rajasthan took him and gave him a chance last time they somewhat didn't use him properly.

Now only if CSK would play Mukund FFS. Sadly Pujara still hasn't been able to adapt to T20.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Just watching the highlights now. All I have to say about that partnership is wow. Smoked everyone to everywhere.

Shah's theme to the tune of 'Golden Skans' btw.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Rahane also justifying my slagging of the Indian selectors for so long for ignoring him altogether while compared with his glorified Ranji team mate in Rohit(not putting Rohit down either, ftr). And also showing why Mumbai Indians were stupid to not play him for 3 seasons, and though Rajasthan took him and gave him a chance last time they somewhat didn't use him properly.

Now only if CSK would play Mukund FFS. Sadly Pujara still hasn't been able to adapt to T20.
Would be interesting to see how Mukund would do. Obviously coming into the team ahead of Vijay and coming off the back of a prolific season with the bat in the First Class format. The sort of form he was in, I don't think you could take it as irrelevant across formats.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
No; cricket altogether IMO.

It's one thing to have a kink in your action that needs to be fixed up, but Samuels appears to be outright cheating. He's already had this delivery declared a throw, had remedial work and got cleared only to come back and bowl it again anyway. Now I take it all back if it's discovered he's somehow not throwing this delivery anymore but I somehow doubt it.
You know it isn't as simple as all that? "Cheating" is a pretty harsh word. Often the bend occurs at a very subconscious level, and the bowler might think all's gold with his action but outwardly it appears otherwise. It's a bit disingenuous to suggest people at this level set out to chuck. The same thing happened with me as a medium pacer (at a very amateur, club level) and I could swear I wasn't doing it but everybody around me seemed to say I did. It can be quite frustrating.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Roughly how many games do you reckon you can lose and still get to the finals?
That makes for a good brain teaser :)

Theoretically, I think you could win as few as 5 out of 16 matches and still make it to top 4. OTOH, you could win as many as 12 out of 16 and still not make it to top 4. What they keep saying in IPL commentary that you have to win 8-9 matches is just a guess on likelihood.

Last edited:

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
You know it isn't as simple as all that? "Cheating" is a pretty harsh word. Often the bend occurs at a very subconscious level, and the bowler might think all's gold with his action but outwardly it appears otherwise. It's a bit disingenuous to suggest people at this level set out to chuck. The same thing happened with me as a medium pacer (at a very amateur, club level) and I could swear I wasn't doing it but everybody around me seemed to say I did. It can be quite frustrating.
Yeah AWTA, have some personal experience with an action that others have observed isn't the most classical - it's very difficult to change something you've been doing for years, especially when you bowl far better in every way with your natural action.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, but surely it's different when there's only been one variation that has been classified as a throw, which is the situation for Samuels. He has had his quicker ball tested, and (AFAIK) it was classified as a throw, but everything else is alright. I'm not sure whether he's had it retested and it's OK now though, but if that's not the case, then it doesn't matter whether he means it or not, he knows that his quicker ball is a throw, he shouldn't be allowed to use it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, but surely it's different when there's only been one variation that has been classified as a throw, which is the situation for Samuels. He has had his quicker ball tested, and (AFAIK) it was classified as a throw, but everything else is alright. I'm not sure whether he's had it retested and it's OK now though, but if that's not the case, then it doesn't matter whether he means it or not, he knows that his quicker ball is a throw, he shouldn't be allowed to use it.
Yep, exactly.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Rahane's now got enough to be an India prospect, or in the post Tendulkar-Laxman-Dravid-Ganguly era, regular. Adequate FC experience, a few A-team games and good returns, and now a good run in the IPL.

Surely, Mumbai Indians and the erstwhile owners of Rajasthan Royals erred heavily by not giving him enough chances? They gave plenty of chances to lesser players and just about any overseas bloke, but didn't touch Rahane at all. He's a much better player than Asnodkar, Pandey, Vijay and Valthaty, surely.

On the other hand, Pujara continues to struggle in the IPL. Then again, for someone who's a top four player, batting at seven time and again can be very difficult on the young man. Luckily, his IPL weaknesses are evened out by a really good A-team record.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No he chucked everything, badly.

BBC SPORT | Cricket | International Teams | West Indies | Samuels issued with bowling ban

27 degrees for regular off-break and 35 for the quicker ball.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

biased indian

International Coach
Haha.

Assuming though that he must've been doing some sort of modification to his action and he's shown that he can bowl within the limit if he's been allowed to bowl again? Couldn't even be an IPL thing, think he bowled in the ODI series vs Australia.
thats an old link rt ?