• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In all honesty Shillingford's action looks much improved from the last time I saw it.
Yeah AWTA. And it was far from the worst originally, tbh. He's clearly not from the MCC textbook but to the naked eye he looks less suspicious than several others who have been cleared.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watching a test match live after a long time. IIRC, the last one was the first test of England's whitewash series in the middle East.

Positive sign - Kemar Roach is looking better than what I remember from last year. Pitching it up and got a rather lucky LBW in his favour. First time I'm seeing the offie. Looks to be a disciplined lad that bowls in good channels.
Yeah he's landed them well. Neither Watson not Coean the type to take it to him though, by using their feet.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Yeah he's landed them well. Neither Watson not Coean the type to take it to him though, by using their feet.
Yeah, but he has a tougher man to tie down in Ponting now. Clarke and Hussey to follow doesn't make life easier for the spinner. Would be fascinating to see how he responds when three quality batsmen go for his throat!

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Am I right in thinking that when WA played NSW in March, Beer took more than 3 wickets in an innings for the first time in First Class cricket?

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Top away-seamer from Roach to claim Ponting. Stuff that you'd love to see more. I'm liking this Roach a lot better from the guy I saw in 2011.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Shillingford's elbow getting noticeably more fluid in that last over. I think he's one of those bowlers whose natural delivery is a chuck and has to concentrate for it not to be. As the game wears on and fatigue sets in and/or the situation turns a little more squeaky aris I suspect it'll deteriorate to report-worthy levels.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Shillingford's elbow getting noticeably more fluid in that last over. I think he's one of those bowlers whose natural delivery is a chuck and has to concentrate for it not to be. As the game wears on and fatigue sets in and/or the situation turns a little more squeaky aris I suspect it'll deteriorate to report-worthy levels.
Considering he's been banned for chucking, I've been quite impressed with the straightness of his elbow.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
I'm not too sure if it's an aberration that can be consciously corrected. But I am willing to be educated further on this issue that I admittedly know very little about.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As I mentioned in the IPL thread re Samuels, I seriously doubt whether people "try" to chuck

IMO, it's their natural action and, what's more, harder to do than bowl legally

Anyway, he looks decidedly dodgy and will probably get worse with tiredness