• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A lot of people in media seem extremely keen on the Cowan/Warner partnership regardless of what actually happens because they compliment each other's games, and while true it amounts to nowt if they're not both actually scoring runs. While Cowan doesn't deserve to be dropped yet, you can't just keep picking him forevermore based on how his partnership with Warner warms your heart and balances your Chi.
yeah the over-whelming love for the whole odd coupletook me by surprise.

of course, if watson does seal his spot at 3 they'll give cowan more time. but they won't waste time moving watson back to opening if he doesn't shine and cowan doesn't really either.

this is all ponting's fault ftr

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Good betting. How much and when?
$40, right after Harris edged that first boundary of his. I was thinking about betting a bit earlier but cbf ringing in, but the price was dropping like a stone so I thought I better hurry up if I was going to. I've since laid off.

EDIT: Right after Australia passed the follow on; better way to put it.

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
I have no love for Ed. To me, he's always screamed 'journeyman'. Much in the same vein as Forest. That doesn't mean they won't be able to chisel out serviceable performances, but I question their ability to survive or value-add longterm.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
$40, right after Harris edged that first boundary of his. I was thinking about betting a bit earlier but cbf ringing in, but the price was dropping like a stone so I thought I better hurry up if I was going to. I've since laid off.

EDIT: Right after Australia passed the follow on; better way to put it.
(y)

Great stuff.

Burgey

I have no love for Ed. To me, he's always screamed 'journeyman'. Much in the same vein as Forest. That doesn't mean they won't be able to chisel out serviceable performances, but I question their ability to survive or value-add longterm.
Thought you'd appreciate their longevity at FC level tbh

:ph34r:

Frakstar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
So learned people, what's the story today?
What's chaseable? I'm thinking the Aussies really wouldn't want to chase more than say 200, with 2 sessions to go...thoughts?
In a strange way it may even be the Windies best chance of a win, what with our renowned 4th innings collapse bound to happen at some stage.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
So learned people, what's the story today?
What's chaseable? I'm thinking the Aussies really wouldn't want to chase more than say 200, with 2 sessions to go...thoughts?
In a strange way it may even be the Windies best chance of a win, what with our renowned 4th innings collapse bound to happen at some stage.
With the scoring rate as it is, they'd only manage 60 per session, however with Sammy coming in we can pretty safely assume a jump at some point. I think 200 would be the goal for the Australians - take 5/90 in the first session and chase it down.

I highly doubt we would be bowled out in 2 sessions, regardless of how bad a collapse we may suffer. One of Clarke and Hussey can stick it out, and Siddle, Harris and Lyon seem to be a hard-to-dislodge tail.

Big first session. Could be another enthralling ending to a previously-dead match.

uvelocity

International Coach
So learned people, clowns what's the story today?
I hope we need 200 in a session, go for it, and get it

Spikey

i hate certain fielders wearing baggygreens when they should clearly by wearing the floppy hat. do you want to die or something?