• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Great thing about the IPL is seeing Steyn and Morne against the South African batting lineup. Not a pretty sight so far. Levi completely pwned by Steyn the other night and Morne takes Faf out in 1 ball.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Ashwin running scared haha.

Delhi look a good team if they can bowl like this. Batting is immensely strong.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Great thing about the IPL is seeing Steyn and Morne against the South African batting lineup. Not a pretty sight so far. Levi completely pwned by Steyn the other night and Morne takes Faf out in 1 ball.
Levi and Faf aren't exactly our star batsmen tbf.

Satguru

Banned
Yeah :laugh:
Levi honestly looks like a ****house batsman to me... terrible technique, looks really ungainly and has pretty much just one shot for every ball... that awful looking pull-sweep-hoick whatever it is over midwicket

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Always find it weird watching two guys who have just faced each other in a series bat together.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Yeah :laugh:
Levi honestly looks like a ****house batsman to me... terrible technique, looks really ungainly and has pretty much just one shot for every ball... that awful looking pull-sweep-hoick whatever it is over midwicket
AWTA.

He's gun for T20 imo, but techincally he's absolutely terrible.

He managed to break all of Kallis' school records at Wynberg so he must be doing something right though :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I've somehow picked the IPL winner every season. My call for this year is Kolkata.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Kevin Pietersen is so good when on form. Can't think of a current player who has a bigger contrast between their best and their worst, in terms of both performances and the way they look when batting.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Kevin Pietersen is so good when on form. Can't think of a current player who has a bigger contrast between their best and their worst, in terms of both performances and the way they look when batting.
Ironic as it is, Yuvraj is another player who has prolonged slumps and peaks and either looks awesome or ugly while batting, although it's mostly in ODI's with Yuvi.

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
AWTA.

He's gun for T20 imo, but techincally he's absolutely terrible.

He managed to break all of Kallis' school records at Wynberg so he must be doing something right though :p
Maybe Kallis was just rubbish as a schoolboy lol. I am still unconvinced by Levi, he can hit a long ball but his shot selection is terrible at times. Steyn just embarrassed him and whilst Steyn would have done that to better batsmen, it isn't a great sign. I fear he will just be a one-hit wonder, sort of what Brendon McCullum has been to the IPL.

On another note, the worst thing about the IPL is the commentary. Sivaramakrishnan a couple of days ago saying something like "Oh, that was nearly a Karbon Kamaal catch, if he had held it then it would have been a citi moment of success but unfortunately for the fielding side, it was another DLF maximum." Do they have to do this every single year? It's so irritating.

Satguru

Banned
Maybe Kallis was just rubbish as a schoolboy lol. I am still unconvinced by Levi, he can hit a long ball but his shot selection is terrible at times. Steyn just embarrassed him and whilst Steyn would have done that to better batsmen, it isn't a great sign. I fear he will just be a one-hit wonder, sort of what Brendon McCullum has been to the IPL.

On another note, the worst thing about the IPL is the commentary. Sivaramakrishnan a couple of days ago saying something like "Oh, that was nearly a Karbon Kamaal catch, if he had held it then it would have been a citi moment of success but unfortunately for the fielding side, it was another DLF maximum." Do they have to do this every single year? It's so irritating.
:laugh:
Yeah, its terribly annoying, but seriously, Sivaramakrishnan's commentary is dog-poo even outside the ipl... why the eff does he say "running the first one hard..." every time a batsman takes runs between the wickets, even if he's just WALKING!!!! :mad:

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
Indeed. His commentary is absolutely atrocious for a standard international match but for IPL, it's just unbearable. To be honest, I hate most of the commentators in this year's IPL. Why is Harsha not doing commentary?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year

I love the shameless sponsorship. I think its really funny.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
As long as it means paying less channel subscription money in order to watch, don't care that much.

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
I suppose so, but the IPL is free-to-air in the UK so it's just misery for those of us who receive no benefit from it. Also, I hate the absolutely pointless interviews with the players and coaches while the match is ongoing. Invariably a wicket ends up falling and the guy being interviewed gets interrupted so we can go back to the commentary box and the whole feeling of excitement is lost. They always ask the same question anyways. "How is the team gelling?" "Have you practiced your fielding?" "What do you think of your team's position right now?" "What is a good total on this pitch?" I can't believe those interviewers get paid to travel around the country, watch cricket matches and only have to ask the odd question or two during an innings.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I suppose so, but the IPL is free-to-air in the UK so it's just misery for those of us who receive no benefit from it. Also, I hate the absolutely pointless interviews with the players and coaches while the match is ongoing. Invariably a wicket ends up falling and the guy being interviewed gets interrupted so we can go back to the commentary box and the whole feeling of excitement is lost. They always ask the same question anyways. "How is the team gelling?" "Have you practiced your fielding?" "What do you think of your team's position right now?" "What is a good total on this pitch?" I can't believe those interviewers get paid to travel around the country, watch cricket matches and only have to ask the odd question or two during an innings.
I live in the UK, I still love hearing Danny Morrison go "ah, that's a DLFer".