• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cowan bowled some filth in the A game vs. NZ, not sure of the exact method of the filth though.

Sammy is such an entertaining bat, that was a super shot for six.

Riggins

International Captain
I consider myself somewhat of an expert on the entirely useless knowledge of what extremely part-time bowlers send down, but I haven't the foggiest what Cowan bowls. He's bowled three overs in First Class cricket and cricinfo claims they were of the right arm leg break variety but I think that's actually the default setting in that field for them (I've seen a few others claimed as "leg break" bowlers who aren't) so I'm not going to take their word for it.
when i played him he bowled meds. slow meds. may have just been because of conditions/team balance tho ??

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, Syd Lawrence getting a namecheck. He was properly quick, the big man.

Not a jolly story about him clocking Phil Simmons tho.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
when i played him he bowled meds. slow meds. may have just been because of conditions/team balance tho ??
I reckon you're more likely to be more right than cricinfo tbh; I've seen a few bowlers listed as leggies who definitely aren't - I think it's some sort of default setting as I said. What arm did he bowl with?

Riggins

International Captain
I reckon you're more likely to be more right than cricinfo tbh; I've seen a few bowlers listed as leggies who definitely aren't - I think it's some sort of default setting as I said. What arm did he bowl with?
right. as much as i remember. think he throws right too, was 08 so bit fuzzy. trying to look up some scorecards now if there was a giveaway like lots of stumpings.

Jacknife

International Captain
Ha, Syd Lawrence getting a namecheck. He was properly quick, the big man.

Not a jolly story about him clocking Phil Simmons tho.
Yes when he said he was quite quick, I thought he can't be talking about the same Syd, fastest guy in CC in his day.