• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Like the declaration. Letting Roach/Edwards have a burst tonight > squeezing out ten extra runs between these two

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cracking knock by Shiv. Now we see how flat the deck is, had to laugh at tea when Croft was calling the Aussies medium pacers.

Cricketismylife

U19 12th Man
Another century for the absolute legend that is Chanderpaul. You never know what's going on in his head when he's with the tail, especially as he does have the attacking shots, but was a great performance anyway. Still looks like he has a few more years left.

flibbertyjibber

There might not be much in the pitch for the bowlers but we have seen 2 sides bowl some utter dross with the new ball in this game. Aussies will be looking to bat as long as possible and hope pressure gets to WI in 2nd innings.

Burgey

This is a good test for our blokes now. Positive start but a long way to go.

Geoff Lawson saying how "understated" Shiv's celebration is as he kneels down and kisses the turf was the highlight for mine.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Not convinced with Cowan on the cross-bat shots. Top edge waiting to happen.
Really? I don't see it as an issue against the pace man.

Cowan is however, extremely average against spin - I will not be surprised if Bishoo gets him out in a soft manner.

Anyway, how did Warner and Cowan look? It's imperative that we bat out day 3, not a scenario that I have huge confidence in us achieving.

Burgey

Really? I don't see it as an issue against the pace man.

Cowan is however, extremely average against spin - I will not be surprised if Bishoo gets him out in a soft manner.

Anyway, how did Warner and Cowan look? It's imperative that we bat out day 3, not a scenario that I have huge confidence in us achieving.
Pretty solid from what I saw but Bishoo only bowled the one over. One thing with our line up is the game should progress - if they're in they'll be scoring runs.

morgieb

Wow that was our worst bowling effort since the Ashes. And England >>>>>>>>>> West Indies.

Spikey

only one team has shiv though

also 2nd innings @ Newlands was pretty horrible. perhaps because it seemed inevitable

WindieWeathers

International Regular
When Deonarine got out 450 certainly looked a mile away, so i'm happy we made it there, that's big scores we've managed to make against both India and Australia now, with a pretty young top order so it bodes very well for the future, of course now it's the aussies turn and our bowlers better get their act together tomorrow if we plan to make a game of this, no point putting 450 on the board and letting them cruise to 600, because all it will do is put pressure on us on the 5th day,

It will be interesting to see how Roach gets on, he's been in poor form in test cricket for a while but showed improvement in the odi's, he needs to step up now, same thing with Bishoo, if we can nick three wickets by lunch tomorrow then i think we'd be more than happy with that.

uvelocity

International Coach
lack of discretion from cowan early, some off balance shots.

you can say we bowled poorly, but really I think this surface is so dead, it's too easy for the batsmen to decide on going forward or back. The ball is not rising even when banged in short.