• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

Flem274*

123/5
Leaving two Kyle Jarvis deliveries which bowled him in the same match was amusing tstl. Seems to have made a habit of the Michael Clarke leave this season.

He's been a great servant of ND mind, as a batsman, fielder and skipper. I just have to be the one to be a dick with the channels first.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
William Young 50* is now up and working.

Thanks for that Flem.

positives - wonderfull hook shot, and strong forward defence, and a good leave.
not so positives - not so accomplished to short of a length deliveries from the medium pacers (a bit rushed) -

Overall - he looks like a scrapper with a lot of heart in his play.

Look forward to seeing another clip of him next year.

PS loved the stare down from the bowler after the hook shot for four. Young just stood there with his hand on his hip.

PPS - loved Henry's new run up. I gave him some stick for it mid way through the season. But someone has been coaching him. I realise he just got injured - but his new run up is healthier for him.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Watch for another video of Young against Southee, Boult and Arnel next week to be uploaded by Flem.

Nelson Park Napier, three or four tons there last time iirc.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Which reminds me, I'm keen to upload some Murdoch vids. I think his 57 against a full strength ND attack will be good viewing.

Was watching one of his hundreds last night. First scoring shot was a six. I loled.

Howsie

International Captain
Watch for another video of Young against Southee, Boult and Arnel next week to be uploaded by Flem.

Nelson Park Napier, three or four tons there last time iirc.
No Southee next week, with Boult coming back into the team he's been dropped.

Flem274*

123/5
Watching the 57 now. FMD, bowlers day all right. Three lbw shouts in a row from Boult on Murdoch. Not a prodigious mover of the feet by the looks of it. Was watching just the fours before, his cut shot reminds me of Sinclair. Just got off the mark with a nice punch down the ground. Has a very straight bat in his stance.

The camera angle is ****ed.

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
Nope. Officially he's listed as "injured" but that's just a load of rubbish and only been done to save himself some embarrassment I suppose - keep the media of him etc. We couldn't exactly go into the match with the four quicks plus Joe Walker, espeically after losing Daniel Flynn and Hamish Marshall for this round. Graeme Aldridge probably could've been given the flick but his batting at eight is just far too important for this particular lineup.

Flem274*

123/5
Bloody hell, seems pretty harsh. What's the team for the next match?

Is Walker a spinner? Considering you guys have Devcich and co. around four quicks should be doable. Southee would be in the top two quicks regardless wouldn't he? He does add a bit of batting depth as well.

Howsie

International Captain
Bloody hell, seems pretty harsh. What's the team for the next match?

Is Walker a spinner? Considering you guys have Devcich and co. around four quicks should be doable. Southee would be in the top two quicks regardless wouldn't he? He does add a bit of batting depth as well.
Wilson
Yovich
Marshall
Devcich
Hatwell
Mitchell
McGlashan
Aldridge
Boult
Arnel
Walker

With Andy Mathieson 12th man would be my guess. Yeah Joe Walker's a spinner, he needs to play on that pitch too imo. Devcich's a decent part time option in limited overs cricket but no way in the world should he be bowling 10+ overs a day in four day cricket.

Edit: Southee's the best bowler in the ND squad but he's just horrible at the moment. Someone had to miss out with four international bowlers in the lineup and he's bowling that badly at the moment it was him.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Batting does look a bit unknown to an outsider like me. You've got big wraps on a couple of those guys iirc? Is Yovich still interested in bowling or has he given it away for good?

Howsie

International Captain
Yeah, Daryl Mitchell. Scored two or three 100's for a pretty poor Valley team in the Hawke Cup this season. Numerous club 100's in the Hamilton competition too - would easily be the leading run scorer. Opening the bowling for Valley too. He's not express but he'd get it through in the early 130's with decent away shape.

Not too sure on Yovich. Hasn't bowled a ball all season in the PS but that's probably just down to his ever fading skills with the ball. Still bowled a little bit in the one day stuff.