• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Not sure depleted is the right word this Australian side is more unsettled IMO where nobody is sure about their roles.
Ha, serious? Pretty sure everyone in the team is aware of what they are meant to be doing today.

In situations like this we need a genuine wicket taker, Christian and Doherty are not.

EDIT - Watto is though.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ha, serious? Pretty sure everyone in the team is aware of what they are meant to be doing today.

In situations like this we need a genuine wicket taker, Christian and Doherty are not.

EDIT - Watto is though.
I would say Christian is. But with some of the bowlers playing today I'm often left wondering how they've actually got their wickets, cause it's hardly great bowling, so it's not a surprise to see a poor performance from some of them.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Johnson, Bollinger and Pattinson are all better ODI bowlers than some of those in the squad now, or would at least be in the reckoning.
Bollinger isn't as effective as he was in his first year of international cricket IMO. As an opposition supporter he doesn't worry me any more than some of the bowlers currently bowling in the match. Pattinson has played just a couple of ODI's, and for all the talent you can't out right claim he'll indefinitely be better in this format. Johnson ironically is probably better in sub-continent conditions than Aussie conditions lol.

Why isn't he being picked for ODI's anyway? Don't tell me Aus selectors are following Indian selectors and picking/dropping players based on performances in different formats :laugh:

benchmark00

Bollinger isn't as effective as he was in his first year of international cricket IMO. As an opposition supporter he doesn't worry me any more than some of the bowlers currently bowling in the match. Pattinson has played just a couple of ODI's, and for all the talent you can't out right claim he'll indefinitely be better in this format. Johnson ironically is probably better in sub-continent conditions than Aussie conditions lol.

Why isn't he being picked for ODI's anyway? Don't tell me Aus selectors are following Indian selectors and picking/dropping players based on performances in different formats :laugh:
He's injured bro.

Burgey

He's got an injury and is out for the summer mate.

Edit: is it just my phone playing silly buggers, or does ****mark00 have Boonie as his avatar?

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
This is what I don't like. This was the ideal scenario to send in Jadeja and keep Raina for the end overs.

And just as I say that GG gets out <_<

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
the problem was that sachin would have thought that lee was going for the ball.for me the only problem was he suddenly stopped in the path when he very well know that he has batsmen some where behind him.which he should not have done
Agree. He was running across for the ball but then suddenly stopped just in line of where Sachin was running and then took a fixed stance with his legs apart right there which made him go around and fall short.

Impossible to say whether it was intentional or not though, and was pretty risky single to begin with.