• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I doubt Tendulkar wanted to make a big deal out of it, pretty sure he'll be okay with it once he sees the replay of it. More than anything it stopped Tendulkar's momentum. Lee's fine in this instance.

Anyway whats done is done, India need to focus on winning this game, preferably with a bonus point. Run Rate wise we're good, just need to make sure we don't do something stupid and lose wickets.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
He would have made it otherwise - or at least he would have had a chance.
Really? I might need to see the replay again, but my gut reaction was that he would have been short regardless. The fact that he gave up leaves me with no sympathy for Tendulkar though.

C'mon C9, show another replay ffs.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I'd love to see the mini scorecard thingee atm.

INDIA 2/60 10 overs
Extras 18*.......... Hilfenhaus 1/34
Tendulkar 14....... Lee 0/6

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
far out. everyone's got their inner pie-chucker out today

honestly, i'm aware that this is a heavily depleted aus side but it's hard to see either side beating SL in the finals

biased indian

International Coach
If anything Sachin ran into Lee. As the batsman you also have to expect the bowler follows through to some extent, either to the stumps or attempting to take the ball himself but aborting, and could well block your path accidentally. It's sucky but Sachin's more at fault than Lee. Now I thought at first Lee indeed cut in suddenly but he really hasn't. Sachin meanwhile has turned a bit into Lee and also just hasn't attempted to slide the bat
the problem was that sachin would have thought that lee was going for the ball.for me the only problem was he suddenly stopped in the path when he very well know that he has batsmen some where behind him.which he should not have done

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In the 4 matches Sehwag has played Sehwag has scored 35 runs. In those 4 matches extras for India (eg Lee 4 wides = for India) so far add up to 53

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year

honestly, i'm aware that this is a heavily depleted aus side but it's hard to see either side beating SL in the finals
Heavily depleted? Who else are you missing besides Clarke?

Spikey

Heavily depleted? Who else are you missing besides Clarke?
Impossible to know tbh. We have about 6-7 OD bowlers all fighting it out behind Lee. You could argue Cummins, Pattinson, Bollinger and Johnson are missing, while Starc and Harris are also fighting it out along with obv Hilf and McKay

I say impossible because we don't actually know if say Bollinger would be picked, but his record speaks for himself. As do the other 3

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Not making an excuse but bowlers clearly struggling to get their footing right due to that light drizzle, but yeah the last 10 overs have been straight out of pre-McDermott era.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Bowlers. And Ponting counts as well.
I don't see how Ponting counts since I don't think he could contribute any more than whoever he's been replaced with. As for bowlers I don't think you can say that your missing any bowler that would have easily outperformed the ones who've played in this series.

pup11

International Coach

Not sure depleted is the right word this Australian side is more unsettled IMO where nobody is sure about their roles.

Burgey

I don't see how Ponting counts since I don't think he could contribute any more than whoever he's been replaced with. As for bowlers I don't think you can say that your missing any bowler that would have easily outperformed the ones who've played in this series.
I think Johnson, Bollinger and Pattinson are all better ODI bowlers than some of those in the squad now, or would at least be in the reckoning.