• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Damnit. The one game I'm not home for is the one game Christian actually does a good finishing job in. I'm a bit of a believer in him as a #6 or #7 ODI bat. Forrest scored 50 which I also obviously missed. I have mixed emotions about both these things - happy they happened, annoyed I missed them.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol at saying I have the team blinders on when you are claiming there is bias.

I'll leave you to it mate, you can live in your world where the umpires are cheating by referring wickets for no balls.
Personally I don't think no balls should be reviewed at all in this series. And it does get a bit silly when one team is reviewed all the time. I don't think it's biased, I just think it's stupid. It won't make any difference to the result though.

This could just be disappointment though at being out and missing another Kohli hissy-fit. Will have to wait another couple of hours now until he's (possibly) interviewed at the end.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'd have the third ump making all front foot NB calls anyway, so have no issues with them being referred.

I think Broad was diddled out of a wicket yesterday on a very, very marginal call that looked legitimate on replay.

Son Of Coco

I'd have the third ump making all front foot NB calls anyway, so have no issues with them being referred.

I think Broad was diddled out of a wicket yesterday on a very, very marginal call that looked legitimate on replay.
I have no problem if they're all referred...but the idea one team will bowl them and one won't is a bit silly. Any ball could be a no-ball at any time. If Indian bowlers genuinely haven't even been close all summer though then it's probably fair enough.

Dydl

International Debutant
Kohli is so talented. But he really needs the likes of Tendulkar or Dravid to take him aside and tell him how much of a tosser everybody thinks he is.
Must be one of the most unpopular guys in world cricket. I know the Australian team don't like him. Having an attitude like that is just bad for the game.

India falling behind here.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I have no problem if they're all referred...but the idea one team will bowl them and one won't is a bit silly. Any ball could be a no-ball at any time. If Indian bowlers genuinely haven't even been close all summer though then it's probably fair enough.
One team is at least 5mph quicker a man on avearage, tbf. :cool:

social

Had dinner with a test umpire last week and after listening to him, I'm pretty much of the same opinion

Son Of Coco

One team is at least 5mph quicker a man on avearage, tbf. :cool:
This is true, but the fastest bloke in the team doesn't always bowl the most no balls. As someone else said, Yadav has a bit of pace and I don't recall him being referred too often this summer. He may genuinely not get that close to the line though...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This is true, but the fastest bloke in the team doesn't always bowl the most no balls. As someone else said, Yadav has a bit of pace and I don't recall him being referred too often this summer. He may genuinely not get that close to the line though...
Maybe when he actually takes a wicket, he'll be referred then. I'm here all week, etc...

Hey, Doves on the montage. Best band. :wub:

Son Of Coco

Maybe when he actually takes a wicket, he'll be referred then. I'm here all week, etc...

Hey, Doves on the montage. Best band. :wub:
Haha, fair point!

I don't see why they're only important for a wicket too...if a team loses by a run and there were two no balls they missed that didn't take wickets isn't this also important? (Especially if you get a free hit) I don't want to see the game slowed down too much, and I can see how it's important to make sure a bloke isn't given out on a no ball, but it's not just the wicket-taking balls that can have an effect.

Son Of Coco

Christian's bowling action is always interesting to watch, absolutely no leap into the crease just a little skip.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would murder for a large box of popcorn chicken right now.

Love DC.
Yeah, it feels like so much less of a cop out having him in the side than someone like Hopes, even if he might not be quite as effective as Hopes was in his prime. This may or may not be due to the fact that he's not from Queensland.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Christian's bowling action is always interesting to watch, absolutely no leap into the crease just a little skip.
I've been reasonably happy with his bowling in ODIs for Australia; for South Australia he seems to alternate between bowling like this and bowling 125km/hr long hops, but he's been pretty consistent so far in the green and gold. I thought he'd be a batting allrounder for Australia's ODIs side and have to have his over cut with someone else a lot of the time but he's taken over Watson's old ODI bowling role of bowling pretty hostile, back of a length stuff as the fifth bowler in the middle overs pretty well. It's a big advantage on Australian tracks to have someone like that as your fifth bower, rather than a medium pacer or a part-time offie.