• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've been reasonably happy with his bowling in ODIs for Australia; for South Australia he seems to alternate between bowling like this and bowling 125km/hr long hops, but he's been pretty consistent so far in the green and gold. I thought he'd be a batting allrounder for Australia's ODIs side and have to have his over cut with someone else a lot of the time but he's taken over Watson's old ODI bowling role of bowling pretty hostile, back of a length stuff as the fifth bowler in the middle overs pretty well. It's a big advantage on Australian tracks to have someone like that as your fifth bower, rather than a medium pacer or a part-time offie.
I think he's bowling alright too, I just find his action slightly funny to watch. It looks a bit like he's got a wooden right leg when he leaps at the crease (or doesn't leap as the case might be).

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't think they are cheating as such. I just think they have been given instructions to make extra sure that Indians are out before giving them out to avoid political consequence like in the last tour.
That's absolute rubbish IMO.

The reason we keep getting checked for no balls is because no one pushes the line anywhere near as much as we do. Been this way for years.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think he's bowling alright too, I just find his action slightly funny to watch. It looks a bit like he's got a wooden right leg when he leaps at the crease (or doesn't leap as the case might be).
Oh yeah no doubt; I'd struggle to think of too many weirder actions.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's absolute rubbish IMO.

The reason we keep getting checked for no balls is because no one pushes the line anywhere near as much as we do. Been this way for years.
Exactly.

If that **** Sreesanth played the series I'd be he'd have been referred (those 2 times he actually got a wicket).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So what was the reasoning for no Jadeja bowling?
Just noticed this (didn't watch the Australian batting innings). It's interesting. I wonder if Dhoni was thinking 'big picture' and wanted to see how his bowling attack would function if they went with seven batsmen and no Jadeja, but still selected him as to develop his lower order batting.

Spark

Global Moderator
To be fair, I don't think he'd have done a better job than Raina/Rohit (which wasn't our finest moment)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Doherty has turned the ball more at ODI level than he ever did in his two tests, from what I can remember.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
To be fair, I don't think he'd have done a better job than Raina/Rohit (which wasn't our finest moment)
It's weird that they were the given the opportunity ahead of him though. Dhoni might be thinking that if India make the finals they'll play all three of the rotated openers club, with himself and Raina at 6 and 7.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm loving how Wade calls him "D'oh" too.
Haha, yeah noticed that too. Brings a giggle.

Anyone see that ad on Nine then?

Ricky Stuart's private pain....

"It's finally dawned on me I'm a complete ****", I think he interview goes.

Spark

Global Moderator
Been a bit fortunate that this chase has gone so poo, tbh. 6 overs for Hilf is two too few at this stage.