• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
I can certainly bash Misbah now.

80+ singles in 38 overs is pathetic.
8 fielders on boundary yet conceding a boundary and 5 runs every over.
The heck is wrong with this guy?

Bring on whatmore.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I must have missed some banter here, Beefy didn't rate Cook as an ODI player by the looks(?)
Mirror

Pertinent quote:

BOORISHBORE said:
They need to be inventive and give the bowler something to think about - especially in one-day cricket.

It is one of the reasons I still don't think Alastair Cook should be in the one-day side, because he has no shots against the spinners. He has a slog sweep and that is it, and he doesn't even play that with huge confidence.

The ball isn't going to come on to him in this series. He won't be able to milk the bowling like he did in Australia.

He has to find the gaps and the pace off his bat.

There was no tempo when we batted in the Test matches, we just got as w nog bogged down, and that cannot happen in the one-dayers or we might as well go home now. Cook has got to come up with something more

Pothas

Far wiser people, including Atherton thought the same when he became captain. He has done quite brilliantly to prove them wrong.

grecian

Far wiser people, including Atherton thought the same when he became captain. He has done quite brilliantly to prove them wrong.
Yep, but this has been written recently, he had eradicated that problem before this series, I'm sure the reactionary **** will jump over the last sentence I quoted, and say "you see he did what I said, I caused this, don't criticise me, how many test runs or twitter followers have you got", the bumptious oaf.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
I tend to not take Botham's opinions on cricket too seriously, I mean we are talking about a guy who doesn't think fitness is important for a modern cricketer.

Good knock by Ravi...christ did I really just type that?

Pothas

Yep, but this has been written recently, he had eradicated that problem before this series, I'm sure the reactionary **** will jump over the last sentence I quoted, and say "you see he did what I said, I caused this, don't criticise me, how many test runs or twitter followers have you got", the bumptious oaf.
Yeah oaf is definetly the word every comentary team needs one and as they go I find him particularly obnoxious, a prat but a harmless one.

As for our other opener, I think for the first time that they might actually drop Pieteren when Buttler is fit.