• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Ruckus

International Captain
Oh, so moderators should be so aggressive towards posters?

Ah sorry, my bad. Go ahead and continue to tear Zinzan a new butthole.
Don't see why moderators can't act however they want, it's a totally glorified, make-believe position anyway.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wasn't aware that meant I wasn't allowed to state my opinion.
Does mean you shouldn't be flinging your handbag around so ferociously though. I commented on the 30 mins I watched, as Kiwininja said, maybe they can't field under pressure, either way, get over it already & move on.

Spark

Global Moderator
the longer the cricket match the better
More than an element of truth to this but it's also the fact that ODIs have a far, far better balance between bat and ball, especially on Aus pitches with two new balls. Every full-length match thus far has had scores between 230-270 which is ideal for a standard ODI.

Shri

Mr. Glass
...about the 30th over, not the 31st...
:lol:

Malinga to Dhoni, 1 run, 137.5 kph, opens the face of the bat and runs it down to third man

Malinga to Gambhir, FOUR, 135.8 kph, nicely controlled! Short delivery rising on the shoulder and Gambhir moved across and controlled the pull well down to fine leg on one leg

Malinga to Gambhir, 1 run, 138.2 kph, straight on the pads and he clips it away down to square leg

Malinga to Dhoni, 2 runs, 140.8 kph, low full toss on the pads and he clips it down towards deep square leg

Malinga to Dhoni, 1 run, 129.5 kph, short and wide and he slashes it down to square third man, the fielder does really well to sprint across and fire in the throw, limits it to just a single

Just a 5-ball over?
Yeah, we wuz ROBBED!

uvelocity

International Coach
What are they all on about?

Malinga to Dhoni, 1 run, 137.5 kph, opens the face of the bat and runs it down to third man

Malinga to Gambhir, FOUR, 135.8 kph, nicely controlled! Short delivery rising on the shoulder and Gambhir moved across and controlled the pull well down to fine leg on one leg

Malinga to Gambhir, 1 run, 138.2 kph, straight on the pads and he clips it away down to square leg

Malinga to Dhoni, 2 runs, 140.8 kph, low full toss on the pads and he clips it down towards deep square leg

Malinga to Dhoni, 1 run, 129.5 kph, short and wide and he slashes it down to square third man, the fielder does really well to sprint across and fire in the throw, limits it to just a single

Just a 5-ball over?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WI were pretty awesome the last 30 minutes I saw them field in a game, clearly better than NZ going by your logic. And yeah Pollard is better than Guptill.
Meh, impossible, your just biased because "Indies" sounds like "India' :p

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
...about the 30th over, not the 31st...
:laugh:!

Can't say how it would have impacted, but what the **** is the match referee and third umpire doing in those situations? Happens far too often.

And isn't there supposed to be some sort of official scorer from the ICC too?

Spark

Global Moderator
:laugh:!

Can't say how it would have impacted, but what the **** is the match referee and third umpire doing in those situations? Happens far too often.

And isn't there supposed to be some sort of official scorer from the ICC too?
Yeah they need to look at that. There was that stupid situation where Rahul Sharma ended up bowling two more balls than he was allowed to at the MCG too.

Shri

Mr. Glass

Just a 5-ball over?

Look up ****.

uvelocity

International Coach
Yeah they need to look at that. There was that stupid situation where Rahul Sharma ended up bowling two more balls than he was allowed to at the MCG too.
that was worse

It's a wierd one but, if the ump called over, you started changing ends and then they bring it back and there is a wicket......

has always been once the ump says over, it's over.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Brainless bowling from Matthews. Has to be one of the most over-hyped cricketer around these days, I always hear how great he is yet never see it.
Check out this match: 3rd Match: Australia v Sri Lanka at Perth, Feb 10, 2012 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
Wow, I watched for all of 30 mins and in that time SL must have made at least 10 errors in the field. Sub-continent fielding is still a long way off Aust/NZ & SA standard, must be said.
Check out this match: 4th Match: Australia v India at Adelaide, Feb 12, 2012 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

SL have been the best fielding team this ODI tournament by a long way so far.

Australia fielded very poorly vs. India in the 2nd T20 and abhorrently vs. India on Sunday.

readie

State Regular
Dilshan was on fire in the field today, the lankans made a few mistakes in the last few overs but through the middle overs they were great.