• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

chicane

State Captain
Match tied?! Cricinfo won't load now but nanaged to show 236/9 on the title bar.

Dhoni's gonna get criticized.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
don't make daft sweeping generalisations based on just a handful of overs in a ridiculously tense scenario, then.
30 minutes of intense cricket is a fair amount in isolation, especially when there's enough errors in that time to count on two hands. On the premise itself, I think NZ/Aus & SA are easily the 3 best fielding sides in the world, do you disagree?

Spark

Global Moderator
30 minutes of intense cricket is a fair amount in isolation, especially when there's enough errors in that time to count on two hands. On the premise itself, I think NZ/Aus & SA are easily the 3 best fielding sides in the world, do you disagree?
Alright well then I'll cherrypick the previous 30 minutes of fielding from SL, compare it to last Sunday and say that SL are so much better a fielding side than Australia it's not even worth talking about and it'd be equally stupid.

Amazed people are complaining about the standard of SL fielding when it was the main reason this match was remotely close. Yeah they ****ed up a bit towards the end, pressure does that.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I am continuously on the go and not getting to watch these matches. Can someone tell me who ****ed up between 40th and 45th over?

Zinzan

Alright well then I'll cherrypick the previous 30 minutes of fielding from SL, compare it to last Sunday and say that SL are so much better a fielding side than Australia it's not even worth talking about and it'd be equally stupid.
Cherry-picking aside, I just asked you a fairly simple question. Are you uncomfortable answering it or something?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Pollard > any fielder from those 3 sides. WI might be as good as NZ if not slightly better.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Amazed people are complaining about the standard of SL fielding when it was the main reason this match was remotely close. Yeah they ****ed up a bit towards the end, pressure does that.
They obviously have a fair bit of work on their under-pressure fielding then.

Jeez, calm the **** down. You're a moderator ffs.

irfan

State Captain
Hope the past three games indicate to the general public that no amount of T20 slap, tickle an bash can surpass a competitive, well-fought one dayer

Zinzan

Pollard > any fielder from those 3 sides. WI might be as good as NZ if not slightly better.
Pollard over Guptill? You havin a larf?

WI's aren't nearly as consistent as NZ in the field. Crazy thing to say.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Pollard over Guptill? You havin a larf?

WI's aren't nearly as consistent as NZ in the field. Crazy thing to say.
WI were pretty awesome the last 30 minutes I saw them field in a game, clearly better than NZ going by your logic. And yeah Pollard is better than Guptill.

Shri

Mr. Glass

Perera to Dhoni, 1 run, 137.7 kph, Dropped Dhoni spoons it hard back to the bowler's ;left and Perera stretches out his hand and fails to hang on

Perera to Gambhir, no run, 135.0 kph, tries to steer it behind the wicket but can't get it past short third man

Perera to Gambhir, 1 run, 141.3 kph, gets a bit of width and he opens the face of the bat and angles it down to deep point

Perera to Dhoni, no run, 138.2 kph, words can't describe Dhoni's technique here! Stood at the crease and poked his bat forward and squirted out a full delivery, nearly lost balance after playing the shot

Perera to Dhoni, no run, 133.0 kph, he watchfully leaves it alone to the keeper

Perera to Dhoni, no run, 137.8 kph, thumps it straight to short cover, rooted to the crease, typical Dhoni
What are they all on about?