• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Are you blokes taking the piss?

India have come out and said they're rotating Gambhir, Sachin and Sehwag because they've all played plenty of cricket in Australia, and they want to make sure that Raina, Sharma and Kohli play enough cricket in Australia since the next World Cup is going to be here.
Again that is all nonsense. The World Cup is still 3 years after this and who knows whether those 3 will even be in the team then. The pitches would have changed, Australian bowlers would be different.

Not to mention that all 3 of them IIRC have some expreience of playing in Australia at different stages of their career(EP tournament, India A or even for India) and will get oppurtunities in the future if they remain in the team too. It's not like they have to store information about Australia and playing there 3 years in advance in this day and age.

And going by that logic again Dhoni recently said that he will retire from one form next year, then why not rest him and start bringing in Parthiv? Also Tiwary has only played one International match now in 2 years in Australia?

Do you really think Sachin needs more practice here?

And obviously they won't rotate in the final for Christ's sake. Strawman rubbish.
First you need to get to the Final though. A couple of losses and boom that goes out of the Window.

Get to the Final and then bring in whoever you like like they did last time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If you disagree with the rotation policy, why the **** only come out and say it when Sachin is rested rather than when Gambhir was rested last game?

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm still not following here, I thought Wade was an opener? Why exactly did they get Ponting to open? :blink:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
If you disagree with the rotation policy, why the **** only come out and say it when Sachin is rested rather than when Gambhir was rested last game?
I think i said it when those comments were made after the first match too but then they said it was flexible and i thought they were just putting up a front to avoid saying someone has been dropped.

In any case Sachin in Australia especially, has to play ahead of either Gambhir or Sehwag and it's not like you can't play all 3 either. So whether to pick Raina, Gambhir or Sehwag is a close call for me, though i would pick Gambhir ahead of the other 2.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Vinay might have limited talents but he looks a honest trier and hardworker. Looks like its a trait of Karnataka players to look like they are committed and hardworking (Kumble, Dravid etc.)