• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

thierry henry

International Coach
Dusan Hakaraia to do a Tarun Nethula imo- be gun at schoolboy level vs thierry henry, not crack FC or List A for years, but eventually play for NZ:cool:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Jimmy Neesham doing his thing in the other match.

In contention for the South Africa ODIs as a bolter?

Neesham >>> Ellis

Flem274*

123/5
Bevan Small was far more threatening imo. Before the ****ing pub changed the channel he looked all class.

And he hit a JAFA in the nuts.

thierry henry

International Coach
Jimmy Neesham doing his thing in the other match.

In contention for the South Africa ODIs as a bolter?

Neesham >>> Ellis
tbh this isn't the worst idea, Jimmy imo is a vastly more talented player, the only problem is I'm not sure he's suited to the Ellis role. He's really a batsman who bowls a bit, although he's a big strong lad who can bowl 130kph+. Ellis is definitely the more effective bowler at this stage.

Flem274*

123/5
Cachopa's miserable innings ends. He struggled pretty hard out there.

Does anyone know why Gareth Hopkins defended straight balls to cover and point?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
tbh this isn't the worst idea, Jimmy imo is a vastly more talented player, the only problem is I'm not sure he's suited to the Ellis role. He's really a batsman who bowls a bit, although he's a big strong lad who can bowl 130kph+. Ellis is definitely the more effective bowler at this stage.
Yeah, I wasn't necessarily saying the two are pretty similar cricketers, just that Neesham could take the place of Ellis in the squad. Oram should play ahead of Ellis anyways.

Latham got picked as a bolter, I think Neesham should be given the same sort of chance. Such a clean hitter, could be an awesome 'finisher' for NZ.

Howsie

International Captain
Yet went for the most runs, couldn't take a wicket, and is getting pumped in his second spell. Still not really an effective bowler.
It'll happen when you're bowling 145K+ and spastic domestic batsmen only have to nick you to pick up sixes on joke grounds like Pukerua Park.

Howsie

International Captain
And right on que the biggest joke in New Zealand cricket top edges him over the keeper for six.