• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
He has a wonderfully technically correct defensive system.

I can't remember how he used to get out in tests. But he used to find a way.

In ODIs during his recall he was attrocious.
Tended to edge it to the slips whilst attempting the cover drive more often than not. Sometimes, just for a change of pace, he'd use the inside edge of his bat and play on.

I can't believe wellington are going to lose this one. Well done by jimmy though.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Jimmy's out so hard to see Otago getting up. Looks like a decent recovery by him and De Boorder from 87/6, but too much to do.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Daniel Flynn is back playing for ND btw.

Reasonable news on Ryder. We have heard it before though:

"He's been doing all the right things. His calf's fit, he's lost some weight, everything's going along the path we need it to go for him to keep being selected for us," Siddons said.
I'll only be impressed once he manages to stay clean for longer than a month or two. The guy's got to show a bit more hunger for his place in the side.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bloody Jamie How scoring runs. I always rated him and it ****s me that he didn't stick around at test/ODI level.

Won't get back in the Black Caps now... how do I know this? As soon as you become captain of a domestic side that's the end - it's kind of like a consolation prize.
How was captain when we was recalled for the World Cup.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I hope Devcich fails soon - don't really want to see him succeeding. He is another with a poor manner of striking the ball. Makes the bowlers look faster than they are etc.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reasonable news on Ryder. We have heard it before though:

"He's been doing all the right things. His calf's fit, he's lost some weight, everything's going along the path we need it to go for him to keep being selected for us," Siddons said.

Flem274*

123/5
Speaking of domestic captains, Aaron Redmond has lost the one day captaincy and been dropped for the match this weekend.

Flem274*

123/5
Just noticed Todd Astle is listed to come in at number five for the Cantabs, and Logan van Beek at six.

Would have thought Young would be in before those guys. Anyone know if those two have really pushed to become good batsmen lately?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
CD know how to take their catches, that's for sure.

EDIT: Sheez, I saw that Bevan Small took 5-45 last week, I didn't realise it was his List A debut though. WAG

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Milne looked really quite fast to me. O'Brien is gun already; made a good comment about the 'glamerous' length the quicks were bowling.