• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why is Phil Hughes earmarked never ever ever ever to play one day cricket for Australia?

Pretty rare to see 4 slips in a one day game. Give the **** a go.

Sylvester

State Captain
Well ignoring a heap of things which don't back him up, he has his "plan" which saw him skip the NSW 2nd 11 game so he won't be returning until he has checked off everything in his plan.

uvelocity

International Coach
his plans include fishing in the nambucca river, eating hamburgers at the macksville pub next to the nambucca river, watching birds of prey wheel in the sky along the banks of the nambucca river......

benchmark00

Was more refering to the situation before this season, especially when he was in the test team, but not in the ODI team.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anyone going to either of the T20s this week? Should be able to make the Sydney and Melbourne hopefully.

Asked Burgey to go on our second cricket-related man-date but after our SCG test date he's dumped me.

adub

International Captain
his plans include fishing in the nambucca river, eating hamburgers at the macksville pub next to the nambucca river, watching birds of prey wheel in the sky along the banks of the nambucca river......
That sounds like a pretty agreeable plan to me. Tbf there is some sacrifice in the plan with a season in England booked in.

I don't care if it takes him 2 or 3 years to come good, just so long as he comes good.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see McKay in there, did nothing wrong at all for Australia in the past. Bowling attack looks strong. Unsure about David Hussey and Forrest being there.
Cant stand McKay - cut price verison of the injured Hastings and a throw back to the days when we had guys like Simon Davis opening the bowling

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whilst I agree with some of the sentiments of Inverarity, Forrest is a massive WTF???

How the hell has half a good season in fc cricket and **** one-day form translated into an ODI spot?

Off the top of my head, Cooper, Ferguson, Hodge (obviously), Klinger and Quiney are all far more deserving based on Ryobi form

What's more, Forrest doesnt look a particularly good player and I'd wager that his shield form is a flash in the pan and he should be subject to the same impositions as Smith i.e. stay in state cricket and establish himself

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The biggest problem I have with the Forrest selection is that if he fails (which he probably will because he's really not very suited to OD cricket) it'll harm his Test chances, which is frankly bull****.
Sounds like Badrinath. :(

Spikey

really, dussey is much more wtf. i mean **** like forrest happens all the time. they like a player. they just throw him into any old squad. you wish it wouldn't happen but it does. at least they're thinking of the future. dussey though...he's like 35 and has done jack all in like 3 years of ODD and ODI.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Dunno, perhaps as an allrounder (read bits and pieces player) - but you've got ****loads of them including Smith (who's a hell lot better IMO) - but yeah that's massive WTF too.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Dunno, perhaps as an allrounder (read bits and pieces player) - but you've got ****loads of them including Smith (who's a hell lot better IMO) - but yeah that's massive WTF too.
Not getting all the Dussey hate in this thread, lol at Steve Smith being 'a hell of a lot better'.

Granted he hasn't set the world on fire in his ODI career to date, but if we cast our eyes around the domestic game for someone to bat 4, 5 or 6 and bowl 5ish overs per game then I honestly can't see a better candidate. He's dominated our domestic scene for 8 summers now. Voges could fill a similar role but he isn't quite as good as Dussey. Marsh, Smith and Henriques aren't in his league with the bat yet (doubtful they ever will be).

Spikey

Not getting all the Dussey hate in this thread, lol at Steve Smith being 'a hell of a lot better'.

Granted he hasn't set the world on fire in his ODI career to date, but if we cast our eyes around the domestic game for someone to bat 4, 5 or 6 and bowl 5ish overs per game then I honestly can't see a better candidate. He's dominated our domestic scene for 8 summers now. Voges could fill a similar role but he isn't quite as good as Dussey. Marsh, Smith and Henriques aren't in his league with the bat yet (doubtful they ever will be).

maybe in the shield but sure as hell not in list a cricket

david hussey has had a lot of opportunities to put up better than decent results. he hasn't. he is 34. he has no chance of being at the 2015 WC. Now of course he's not alone there. But you compare him to those others players that won't be around in the 2015 WC - Lee (still our best OD bowler), Ryan Harris (challenger to Lee's throne), Ponting (top 3 batsman) and Mussey (top 3 batsman)....he's 34 and it's a struggle to convince anyone he deserves his spot based on pure cricketing reasons. So it's pretty easy to see why some of us would rather take some other guy instead of an old mediocre player.

Last edited:

Spikey

I for one would, at the very least, get sick pleasure at seeing White play instead of Dussey. which is more than what dussey offers

E: should mention that if Maxwell hadn't done his knee he would have 100% been a better option, but probably not picked