• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah they are surprisingly flaky every 1 in 3 games or so. But then it looks like England aren't at their most solid at the moment either :p Maybe SA might have a cunning plan and play 2 spinners in Eng...:ph34r:...although not if Robin Peterson is the 2nd one...:lol:
Yeah..especially Trott :ph34r:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
The best post in the thread (at least the one that appealed to me the most) is where someone said this was a deadly pitch because some gripped and turned and some went straight - so you couldn't just play for the spin every delivery. Therefore I don't think the English team should be ripped into as useless.

Xuhaib

International Coach
its all good winning with spinners atm but Pakistan should look to seriously work on their pace attack. Yes its not very easy when you loose your two best fastbowlers at the same time but an effort need to be made sure that the likes of Junaid, Sadaf, Talha and Wahab are getting devoloped properly Ajmal and Rehman will not be winning you many games outside the sub cont.

Spark

Global Moderator
The best post in the thread (at least the one that appealed to me the most) is where someone said this was a deadly pitch because some gripped and turned and some went straight - so you couldn't just play for the spin every delivery. Therefore I don't think the English team should be ripped into as useless.
Nah DWTA. There are ways to counter that (such as getting to the pitch, disrupting the bowlers' length etc etc), this was a way easier pitch to play than Galle, for example. England were just useless.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed however 72 all out is still unacceptable.

its all good winning with spinners atm but Pakistan should look to seriously work on their pace attack. Yes its not very easy when you loose your two best fastbowlers at the same time but an effort need to be made sure that the likes of Junaid, Sadaf, Talha and Wahab are getting devoloped properly Ajmal and Rehman will not be winning you many games outside the sub cont.
+50.
Could not agree more.. Its great to rely on Ajmal and Rehman for the time being but for the long term future, Pakistan needs match winning fast bowlers.

AaronK

State Regular
Pakistan need to do something about the pace department
They have got pace bowlers too.. if someone like wahab riaz is sitting out there because he can't find a place in the XI.. then that team must have some talent..

cheema, Juniad, and riaz are all good bowlers.. just proper chance and run should be provided to them.. not to forget.. tanvir ahmad, M. Talha and M. Khalil are also waiting out there for a place..

smash84

The Tiger King
Some good, some bad, and some pure ugly quotes before the beginning of the series. For your entertainment...............

reckon a middle order of Younis, Misbah and Umer will handle Swann ok I am expecting Broad to have a massive series overall could see England spanking us black and blue unless some miracle happens.
Whatever happens, I expect Ajmal to be the pick of the bowlers.

England have also got more variety in their attack compared to SA, especially since even Pieterson > Paul Harris, and they might sneak in a win or even two in the three games, given the susceptibility of Pakistani batsmen to brainfarts.
Thats exactly why Id be tempted but end up not doing it. Id like two spinners for Pakistan but the drop off from the 3rd seamer to the 2nd spinner is just too great to justify it. I dont think there is a number 2 spinner worthy of a place. Having said that, Samit for Morgan wouldnt upset me at all.
the deadest of dead pitches. Mark my words.

Take a look at the scorecards of the SA pak series last year to get an idea. Absolute roads. Even Steyn couldn't do much. Hurt his average and SR in that series
Pakistan will win this series.

England might rip Pakistan a new one,but Junaid Khan will rip England two new ones.

2 >1
Course he will.

2-0 England.
When SA played there they didn't have a spinner good enough to exploit the conditions, England have.
If the wickets are as flat as people say, 5 bowlers or 2 spinners a necessity? Can't see us having problems making runs but I can see us having issues with regards taking the 20 wickets...
England have got the best reverse swing attack at present. To be fair i haven't seen the new lot of Pakistan bowlers but apart from Gul nobody to really fear as they aren't in the same league as the two suspended guys.

Just making the same points you lot are that our attack will be nullified totally by the pitches and will be useless. Works both ways. Remember we are number 1 and you are lowly ranked, haters can suck it.:laugh:
Why is this thread still open?

I had already established,and proven,that Pakistan will win this series.

Close this thread.Go do something that has some cause for uncertainty,like knitting.
:laugh:...........why do I get the feeling that you will be running around the forum like Turbinator
This.

Let's keep the discussion to bowling please. Batting and fielding don't matter in cricket :ph34r:
Don't worry Xuhaib and Smali. Our bowlers always manage to pick wickets one way or another. I am not saying we will win, but we definitely have a decent chance. Plus Wahab has been delivering for us in pressure situations so far in his career.
England can't do **** in Asia let alone the dust bowls of Dubai .Rest assured :ph34r:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
awesome :laugh: :laugh:

I had made a post saying that Pakistan should not rely on spin because England are not hopeless against spin anymore :laugh: