• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez, how many miles outside the line does it have to be before you can overturn the on-field decision?

ganeshran

International Debutant
Have to admire Pakistan's grit in scratching their way to decent totals. Remarkable contrast from a few years back when they used to collapse for no apparent reason

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes we needed that,I don't think it should really be out but just knew it was going to be umpires call.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This is one thing I really don't like about UDRS in its current format. I don't really have a problem with that being given out if it was to be every time - in fact I quite like that - but the umpire is going to give that not out at least 80% of the time and the decision will stand.

It's not a massive deal because without UDRS the decision would've been exactly the same, so it's certainly not creating any more errors (which is why it's how it is I imagine) but we're still slaves to the on-field umpires making wrong calls.

This isn't something you could criticise UDRS for if the argument you were making was that we were better off with no technology, because we get the same result either way there, but it's something in the system we should be looking to improve IMO.

Last edited:

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
So predictions/suggestions I gave after the 1st test match were.

Umar Akmal > Asad Shafiq
Panesar > Tremlett
Morgan > Finn or Bopara.
Junaid/Riaz > Cheema

Things going pretty well so far.. Shafiq just had a brainfart as bad as Umar Akmal. Panesars been pretty helpful or 'very' helpful as a support/Abdur Rahman type bowler

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anderson saying "That's not our second new ball. That's the one we set aside as our fourth new ball."

Knob. Get on with it.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
lol... they marked their ball.....?

Well Pakistan scoring incredibly slow and lose a wicket at the wrong time....don't know how the wicket is but 300 is a must for Pak to stay in the game...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
This is one thing I really don't like about UDRS in its current format. I don't really have a problem with that being given out if it was to be every time - in fact I quite like that - but the umpire is going to give that not out at least 80% of the time and the decision will stand.

It's not a massive deal because without UDRS the decision would've been exactly the same, so it's certainly not creating any more errors (which is why it's how it is I imagine) but we're still slaves to the on-field umpires making wrong calls.

This isn't something you could criticise UDRS for if the argument you were making was that we were better off with no technology, because we get the same result either way there, but it's something in the system we should be looking to improve IMO.
What I don't like is how hitting in line can flash up 'Umpire's Call'. It either hit him in line or it didn't.