• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If Ponting can return to form more permanently, Hussey can maintain his form away from home, Warner solidifies his status as a genuinely good opener, Cowan holds his own just enough to be a serviceable opener, Watson enjoys success at no. 3, and a better keeper replaces Haddin, we might actually have a fairly good batting line up come the 2013 Ashes. Fun times,
So you'rre expecting Hussey to be crap then?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If Ponting can return to form more permanently, Hussey can maintain his form away from home, Warner solidifies his status as a genuinely good opener, Cowan holds his own just enough to be a serviceable opener, Watson enjoys success at no. 3, and a better keeper replaces Haddin, we might actually have a fairly good batting line up come the 2013 Ashes. Fun times.
And if the entire Bangladesh team was much, much better at cricket they'd have quite the side as well.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Lol @ Bumble... "End of the game!...... then "Errr openers walking back to get the 15 runs"

Start the car... no wait.... I've had too many G&T's

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
If Ponting can return to form more permanently, Hussey can maintain his form away from home, Warner solidifies his status as a genuinely good opener, Cowan holds his own just enough to be a serviceable opener, Watson enjoys success at no. 3, and a better keeper replaces Haddin, we might actually have a fairly good batting line up come the 2013 Ashes. Fun times.
More chance that Clarke will just hit a truly absurd run of form and more or less singlehandedly carry the lineup tbh

(no really, there is a chance that could happen)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Frustrating in a way isn't it?
Just a tad. You look at what the lower order accomplished in both innings (and bear in mind in both innings they were playing with enormous scoreboard pressure), and you wonder how on earth we've been **** all/5 in both innings.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'd like to see some hawkeyes of the 2 deliveries that got Ian Bell. To me they just look like straight balls he's playing completely down the wrong line of.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
But why would you want to pin your hopes on Ponting, Hussey, Haddin and Watson for the next series nearly 2 years away when all of these are on the decline or out of form lately... surely if anything they may clog things up and youngsters are the better bet if you look at the immediate impact Warner & co have had? Yes you need some experience but sheesh... if the youngsters are gonna start like this might want to throw at least a couple more of them in?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So in other words there are doubts about everyone apart from Clarke?

That was really awful, like watching Englad at the very peak of their terribleness. There are real concerns about how they played Ajmal but 4 of the wickets were just gifted to rank Gul deliveries, I am sure this will not be happening next test.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The important thing is that we don't overreact to this. And I'm sure we won't, but I imagine there will be calls for a few heads over the next few days and it's important that Flower & Strauss keep a cool head.
England are clearly deserving of the no. 1 ranking, but reckon they have some big problems AT THE MOMENT and simply hoping they go away in foreign conditions may not work

Strauss - really poor form for more than 2 years

Cook - 6 of his last 8 test innings have been 12 or less

Bell - England's best but what hope if he cant pick Ajmal

Morgan - less talented version of Hughes

Tremlett - massively under-done and probably not suited by conditions anyway

So what is the solution?

Retain the same bunch and pray that this test is an anomoly or replace at least Morgan/Tremlett?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
England are clearly deserving of the no. 1 ranking, but reckon they have some big problems AT THE MOMENT and simply hoping they go away in foreign conditions may not work

So what is the solution?

Retain the same bunch and pray that this test is an anomoly or replace at least Morgan/Tremlett?
I don't rate Morgan at all but I'm a bit sceptical that Bopara would be a better bet and he's the only other batsman on tour. Needs more Taylor.

Spark

Global Moderator

So what is the solution?

Good shout actually. Gratned, one of those was 294, but it's not a good sign in an opener.

Ruckus

International Captain
So in other words there are doubts about everyone apart from Clarke?
Yep. Was basically the intention of the post tbh, I was being sarcastic in reply to the unlikely idea that the Aust team is on the rise to no. 1 or whatever.