• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Australia on the rise and England collapsing....

I guess we are back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Certain wide eyed fans talking their team's chances up in the Ashes years before the event after a couple of good games... yep, pretty regular. Didn't Eng used to that? :P

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The sad thing is that the press will give Pakistan little credit for outplaying us and say Ajmal is a chucker and we were stuffed by the umpire giving Strauss out. Hope I am wrong though but they generally find ways of bleating whenever we lose a match to Pakistan.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
History shows we bounce back rather well. After our last 3 defeats before this we have comprehensively won the next test.

Not saying it will happen now but writing us off after one crap performance is rather foolish.
Had to laugh at this, not because I don't believe it will happen but sounds so much like the Indians and their "first Test in a series, we are slow starters" type of thing.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The important thing is that we don't overreact to this. And I'm sure we won't, but I imagine there will be calls for a few heads over the next few days and it's important that Flower & Strauss keep a cool head.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
The sad thing is that the press will give Pakistan little credit for outplaying us and say Ajmal is a chucker and we were stuffed by the umpire giving Strauss out. Hope I am wrong though but they generally find ways of bleating whenever we lose a match to Pakistan.
Because the press > reality

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Certain wide eyed fans talking their team's chances up in the Ashes years before the event after a couple of good games... yep, pretty regular. Didn't Eng used to that? :P
I think when you've been following the game for a while, you get to have a pulse for certain changes in tide around the cricketing globe. The Australian bowling lineup is on the up and up, and will wreck English batting in those tailor made conditions next year. They've been playing a horrible India, no doubt, but the signs are vital and there to see for all but the most obtuse.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think when you've been following the game for a while, you get to have a pulse for certain changes in tide around the cricketing globe. The Australian bowling lineup is on the up and up, and will wreck English batting in those tailor made conditions next year. They've been playing a horrible India, no doubt, but the signs are vital and there to see for all but the most obtuse.
Have you seen our batting?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just don't know what to say...